3.9

PART THREE CHAPTER NINE  

  "NICE, RIGHT? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do." Victoria looked in astonishment as an old S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier came into view in accompaniment to Fury's voice.

    "Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve said, impressed. Victoria's grin stretched from ear to ear as a solution finally came along.

    "Ooooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" The ex director teased. The three avengers watched as smaller carriers made their way towards the edge of the city, Pietro coming to a halt in front of them.

    "This is S.H.I.E.L.D?" He asked, smiling.

    "This is what S.H.I.E.L.D's supposed to be."

    "This is not so bad." Victoria stepped towards the Sokovian and grabbed his hand.

    "We're free. We can start our new life here." She said softly, Pietro nodding in agreement.

    "Let's load 'em up!" Steve commanded, the four avengers running their separate ways to gather civilians towards the ships.

    After signalling for her fully loaded carrier to go, it wasn't long before one of Ultron's bots caused an engine to blow on it. Victoria didn't have think twice before she ran and leaped over the edge of the floating city and towards the collapsing ship. Streams of violet trailed behind her, holding her up as she flew underneath it and attempted to lift it up. She let out a groan as she strained her muscles to keep the massive weight afloat. Just as her arms were about to collapse under the pressure, it began to lift even higher, when she turned to look at the support she saw her brother.

    "Don't worry, I got you sis." Tony's metallic voice spoke. She smiled as they both raised the carrier together. "Thor, I've got a plan!" Her brother said with a groan.

    "We're out of time. They're coming for the core." The god responded.

    "Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier." Tony instructed. Victoria restored the jet with her powers to keep the ship up. "Avengers, time to work for a living." She dropped herself onto her brother's back and clung onto him as they flew towards the rest of the squad.

    As soon as they flew into the church, Victoria stood on her brothers back and jumped onto a flying robot. It wasn't too high in the air, so when she dropped after causing it to combust, Thor caught her with one hand and set her easily onto the ground.

    "Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing hide the zucchini." Tony said through the comms. Victoria looked at Steve, confused. He shook his head, not wanting to explain in the situation that they were in.

    "What's the drill?" Natasha said as she joined the rest of the team, standing next to Victoria in front of the core.

    "This is the drill," her brother pointed behind them at the metal, "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose." Victoria looked up as the Hulk stepped out of the way and saw as Ultron descended.

    "Is that the best you can do?" Thor shouted at him. Ultron raised a hand and what seemed like thousands of bots crowded behind him.

    "You had to ask." Steve said sarcastically as he glared at Thor.

    "This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you against all of me. How can you possibly hope to stop me." Ultrons robotic voice said. Victoria smirked as she twirled her swords in each of her hands.

    "Well, like the old man said." The Stark siblings looked at each other, Victoria sending her brother a smile. "Together."

    The Hulk's roar was deafening, but that had no effect on anybody's performance. Ultron's minions ran and flew towards the core and towards the Avengers, climbing up and surrounding the sandy remains of the stone church. Pietro was zipping around, ripping apart the bots before they had a chance to comprehend what was going on. Tony was blasting them with his arc reactor beams. Wanda was collecting masses with her telekinesis and destroying them. Clint was shooting an assortment of arrows- mainly emps and explosives- to disable the metal beings. Natasha was shooting them but bullets didn't seem to have much of an effect, unlike her emp batons. Thor obliterated them with swings of mjolnir and electrocuting them with lightning. Vision was owning the sky, taking out any of the bots that thought they stood a chance of sneaking in from above. Hulk was doing his thing, Steve was flinging his shield amongst them. Victoria's katanas were alight with her ultraviolet powers as she jumped, flipped and twisted over and underneath all robots that came towards her, a sturdy blade destroying each one.