The Perez's

~Theresa~

   It's sunny today. Full blue sky with plush looking creme colored clouds. It's warm. About 80-85 degrees. I can see the sun setting on the horizon. Orange, yellow, maroon, and just a touch of purple. Ahh....how nice it is to live in L.A.

The weather man on CNN this morning, said it was gonna be cloudy with a chance of rain. Obviously he needs to be fired, what a liar. Cloudy with a chance of rain my ass, I thought. It's beautiful outside.

Day's like these usually put a smile on people's face. It does for me. Whenever I'm down or stressed, I just look out the window and smile. In result, my mood along with my soul brightens up. But for some reason today....

..not everyone has a smile on their face..

"I hate you, Chres! I just hate you!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever curly fry, just get the hell outta my room."

"This is my room too, asshole!"

"Then get the hell out my face, nigga!"

"Ugh! I hate you! I wish you were never freakin' born!"

"Love you too.....mean it.."

"Go die in a hole!"

I then heard loud foot steps coming down the stairs along with silent sobs. They were leading to the patio in the backyard. I got up from my love seat in the living room and slowly but quietly went after him.

I went outside and saw him standing by the pool, hands in his pockets. Suddenly he fell to his knees, crying into his hands. After a few seconds, I went over to him.

"Jacob?" he sniffled.

"Honey, are you okay?" he let out a jagged breath and sniffed.

"Sweetheart? Tell mommy what happened..."

"He-h-he.."

"What did Chres do now?" I asked. Whenever Jacob's upset, one of the two options on 'why he's upset' is Chresanto.

I sat on the ground next to him, rubbing his back. "I-I-It-t's b-bro-broken." he whispered.

"What's broken baby?"

"....My-M-My-My....COMB!" he then sobbed into my shoulder. I smacked my lips, "Oh, Jacob stop! We can buy you another comb." I said trying to pry him off my shoulder.

"B-But mam-"

"You're a seventeen year old boy, crying over a damn comb"

He looked at me with pleading eyes, "But you don't understand!" he whined.

"What's there to understand? It's a comb, baby.."

"No. See?" he pulls out smashed comb pieces from his pocket. I gave him a questioning look. "It's the last of papi...before he left..." he looked down at it and spoke softly. As if he's gonna start crying again.

The more I observed it, the more familiar it got. "I thought you lost this years ago" I say astonished.

He shook his head, "Nuh uh. I've kept it ever since he said goodbye. I never stopped using it....that is until today." he glared up at the window leading up to his room.

"How did it break like this?" I asked taking it out of his hands.

"I accidentally dropped it on the floor and Chres came sprinting in, stepping on it. Thus, leads us to this" He explained as he pointed his finger at the pieces when he said 'this'.

"Did he say sorry?" knowing Chres he probably didn't but he can surprise me at times.

"Yeah. But then he was like 'It shouldn't of been on the floor in the first place. Learn how to keep yo shit on lockdown' " he said imitating Chresanto. I shook my head, "Oh boy.."

"Why does he have to be like that?" he questioned pointing towards the house. "Jacob hon-"

He cut me off, "Why does he hate me so much? What did I ever do to him, huh?" I can tell that Jacob's hurting by the pain in his voice. Unlike some siblings, Chres and Jacob used to be the best of friends. They would always play hide and seek when they were little.

Tell each other secrets, they even went to homecoming together with their dates. These kids were like two peas in a pod. But that quickly ended when we moved from San Fransisco to California. In school, Santo became quite the popular kid once he joined the football team.

It was a little harder for Jacob to fit in though. He wasn't into sports, I mean he ran track but that was pretty much it. He's more into music and art. And he has some friends now but nothing would compare to what Chresanto and Jacob had.

And I feel as though J. misses Santo sometimes. So I can understand why Jacob feels the way he feels because the same thing happened to me and their Aunt Leslie.

"Oh Jacob, you didn't do anything. He does not hate you. He just takes up after y'all father."

"But he knows how special that comb was to me! And for him not to care or even give one simple thought about it?...it hurts mama. A lot" he starts to tear up a bit. Jacob is very sensitive so when something like this happens, he gets all into his feelings.

Chresanto on the other hand...not so much. Jake was very close to his father, so when Victor left (A/N: the boys dad) he took it pretty hard. Santo had no feelings whatsoever. He didn't show any emotion when Vic walked right out that door.

He likes to keep everything inside which I think is very unhealthy. You shouldn't bottle everything up inside 'cause one day you're gonna explode. And I will dread that day...

"He just does what brothers do...he loves you and you love him. Of course?" I said.

Jake shrugged, "Well yeah I love him, that's my baby brother-"

"Okay then. Forgive him. He didn't mean to do it on purpose"

"Yeah but-"

"Honey..go.." He sighed, "Ugh fine."

I grinned, "That's my boy" He wiped the last of his tears off his face and headed back inside the house. I sighed and looked up into the now darkening sky. Santo really should apologize. I think he should be more sensitive like his brother.

I do know for a fact that he talks his mouth off to this one girl. I hear them on the phone all the time. What was her name?

Cia?

Claire?

Somethin' with a C?

.....OH yes, Cleo that's it! Cleo Robinson.

Her real name is Cleopatra but she told me to call her Cleo. So that's what I'm gonna do. He seems very happy with her. It's adorable.

Jacob isn't seeing anyone..not that I know of. But like I should know right? As a mother I should be informed, right?

Right.

.....................................~

Hey guys sorry if this is boring but calm yourself...it'll get interesting don't worry :)

there's gonna be a part two to this.

Vote, comment, follow..

~A.K.W