Chapter 6: Death By Party

“I’ll get dressed then take my car to Nicole’s,” I explained to Marcy, once again, as we came into my driveway.

“I don’t know Faith; you seem a little off today. Maybe you shouldn’t go.”

I opened the car door, taking my costume bag with me. I leaned into the car, with my hand on the open door, “Marcy, I’m fine. You know how dramatic I am. And I'm pretty sure it’s just the medicine I’m taking for my stomach,” I assured her.

The smile she gave me in return was completely a worried one. Her face morphed back to normal,“See you at the party!” She shouted, as she backed out of my driveway. I hurried into my house, and fiddled with my key. I piddled with the lock, and noticed it was already open. That’s weird, they should have locked the door. They work together at a law firm, and are at a yearly Halloween party.

“Huh?” I mumbled to myself, and turned the knob of the door. It opened up. I put my keys in my back pocket. “Mom?” I yelled out, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. I took a sip, and then stuck my head into the living room, “Dad?”

They never leave the house un—

I heard the soft sound of Mr. Wiggles song. When you squeeze my teddy bears tummy, it starts to play a song. But that’s when you squeeze his tummy. I huddled to the corner of the kitchen and grabbed a knife. Someone is in my damn--

My stereo blasted to a pop song, and the walls rumbled. What the? I heard the sound of a shower go on, and the lights flickered. The stove turned on next, and the microwave started counting down from five.

“What the fu—“

My heart pounded in my chest, and I went to open the front door. It slammed close. “Stop it!” I yelled at the door.

I’m Mr. Wiggles, and I love to sing a song. Grab my hand, and we can sing along. I’m Mr. Wiggles and I love to sing a song. Grab my hand, and we can sing along.

I turned around slowly, to see Mr. Wiggles on the kitchen floor, with a butcher’s knife by him, and a note on it. I picked up the note with shaky fingers. Stupid idiot! Run out of the house. I opened the letter, to see the neatest handwriting I’ve ever seen. Is from the guy with the black hood?

Dear Joy,

I suggest killing yourself with this knife before I kill you, and have tons of fun with it.

Do you like swimming? I heard you’re an excellent swimmer. I also heard you like spiders, gory horror movies, dark places, loud scream music, and heights. I could do something with those, unless of course you kill yourself first. But that would make me very happy, and I don’t do happy.

See you later cupcake,

-You’re worst nightmare.

P.S- I suggest you don’t tell anyone about me…unless of course you want them dead.