IV. Will's PoV

Nico looked so frail, something I never noticed before. In my eyes, Nico had always been so strong, so impervious. He had lived through so much, and yet he was still here, more or less. 

"It's okay..." I reassured him multiple times before he finally nodded. I thought it was getting better until he looked up. His eyes were so broken, and for the first time, Nico looked like a scared kid who had been through war; not the undaunted hero he portrayed himself as. They were red and puffy from crying, and I resisted the urge to kiss him right then and there. So, instead, I pulled him back into the hug, to which he didn't object. 

"B-Bianca...S-she was killed r-right in front of me!" He cried, finally opening up about the nightmare. And that was the moment my mind decided to entirely shut down. Lee. Michael. Silena. Beckendorf. They were all dead and I could've helped. But I didn't. Instead, I left Michael to drown. He had always been the older brother I never had. And now he's gone. I hugged Nico tighter, now not only for him but for myself too. And I felt horrible for it. I felt selfish. Heartless. It was like along with their deaths they had taken my heart, too. But I had so many others helping me. I guess that's what saved me from depression.

"Shh...It was only a dream...You're safe now...Believe me...

I would know."