Will's PoV (finally!): Trapped

I don't know what I expected. 

In an instant, an invisible force knocked me to the ground, sucking the air out from my lungs. On all fours, I uselessly sputtered, gaping and gasping for as much air as humanly possible. Tears streamed down my cheeks and rolled off my trembling chin. I shuddered as a rush of oxygen went through me. 

"Nico?!" I pushed as much air is I could into that one word, but all that came out was an arid whisper. I tried again. "Nico!" With the last of my strength, I jerked my head up, forcing my eyes to focus. 

Sky blue eyes stared back at me, blood-shot and startled. A messy, blond mop of hair rested lazily on a tanned, freckled face. Lower down, a faded, orange shirt covered the torso of those blue eyes and freckles. Taut muscles trembled and blurred the eyes, though the clear blue remained vibrant and bright, almost glowing against the faded, gray background. 

Slowly, the gears in my mind began to click. I was in a box. A clear box.

"No..." I whispered, falling to my knees. Silence snaked its way through every nook and cranny in the box, only interrupted by quick, shallow breaths. I shut my eyes, shut my mind off, shut everything out for a moment. My breathing began to even out, my body relaxing. A power surged within me, lifting and repairing my muscles and skin and bones. Joints realigned, rib bones mended, torn ligaments started weaving back together. My eyes opened with a new fire to them. I looked down just in time to watch the last golden wisps evaporate from calloused hands.

"William Solace," a startling voice boomed from nowhere in particular, jolting me from my thoughts. I stood up abruptly, ignoring the black spots dancing in my eyes.

"Who are you?!" My voice rasped and strained my vocal chords, but at least a sound was now apparent. I walked around the clear box, talking to what I assumed as the ceiling. The area surrounding the box was too big and too dark to get a clear view of it. I gestured big with my arms, letting it take up as much space as it pleased. "What do you want from me?!"

"You act as if I need something from you." The stoic voice shook the ground beneath my converse. It echoed all around, pounding my eardrums. It finally occurred to me just how big this room was. "I don't."

"Then let me out, asshole! Just let me go back to my damn life, already!" When I was met with silence, I pounded my fist against the walls of the box until the voice spoke again. "Let me out of here!" 

"You want to get out to make sure Nico's okay." The voice ingeniously deduced. "You want to see him? Fine." 

A film of smoke covered the wall. A scared, emaciated boy in a plain black T-shirt fixed his eyes on something emitting a harsh, white glow. His hands were bound in golden chains, angry, red symbols glowing all around the metal around Nico's hands. Either one of his hands were chained to opposite sides. Nico was on his knees, raven hair covering his eyes. A woman's voice intertwined with the whispers of spirits' forked tongues and chanted. The words were garbled and screechy, but tears streamed down Nico's face by the end of the chant. 

The smoke blew away as sudden as it had come. I felt a drop fall on my pant leg. I didn't even bother to wipe my eyes as I collapsed to my knees. I slid to one side, no longer able to support myself. My eyes stared blankly ahead, tears dripping down my neck and shirt.

"No... Nico... please..."