XI: Nico's PoV

Guess who's in the BTS fandom? This girl!! I swear I'm not a Koreaboo 

also I started a new story! I haven't published it yet because it's pretty rough and kind of too edgy for my own good and ik I'll regret it and cringe in the distant future so yea

sorry for not updating in forever im depressed lol

I didn't bother yelling. I didn't bother saying anything, really, as I silently slid past the people in the crowded infirmary. People tend to overestimate how much they truly notice. Before I knew it, I found myself barefoot on the front step of the Zeus cabin, my Stygian Iron sword back at my hip. I was vaguely aware of the muffled shuffling and creaking of bedframes coming from inside. Without thinking, I swung open the door.

"Ahh!" Jason and Piper were on the bed. They each were holding a pillow, Piper frozen in swinging position. They were having a pillow fight. Of course, they were both shirtless, Piper (thankfully) wearing a sports bra. Jason's glasses were on the floor a few feet away. Without any hesitation, I padded across the room, picking up Jason's glasses and folding it. I walked over to Jason, who was also frozen in his spot. I held out his glasses by the bridge, waiting for him to take them. After a second, he complied, slowly reaching out and gingerly placing his glasses back on. Piper and Jason locked eyes, emotionless. Then, they burst out laughing.

"Um, hey, Nico! A little warning doesn't hurt, ya know?" Jason scratched the back of his neck, chuckling to himself. Piper was clutching her stomach, doubling over in laughter. 

"Oh, my gods! Haven't you heard of knocking?!" Piper went to grab her shirt, tossing Jason's over her shoulder. "I swear we can explain, but..." Piper trailed off as she noticed my blank expression. She knit her brows in concern. "Hey, what's going on?"

"Will's missing." 

"...Are you sure he isn't just in the Apollo cabin?"

"Or the strawberry fields?"

"Or the Big House?"

"Or in the infirmary?"

"Or-"

"I'm sure!" The lights flickered slightly, the room's temperature suddenly dropping. I took a step back, and the room went back to normal. I sighed, looking at my feet. It was silent for a minute. "Sorry," I mumbled. Silence. No one knew what to say. My heart began to pound, I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment, concentrating on regaining my strength. "Will was in the room with me, in the infirmary, and when I turned my head, he was gone. Then I had a vision. Or, maybe it wasn't a vision. But it might have been." Well, this is going great. "There was... this woman, and she gave me a prophecy, and when she left..." I looked up. They were silent. I bet they think I'm crazy. Jason was the first to speak up.

"What was the...prophecy?" 

"You think I'm making this up."

"No, I don't, Nico." I searched his eyes for any hint of a lie but found nothing. 

"...Well, she only said it once, so I didn't really memorize it or anything, but I think I understand what it meant." Piper blinked.

"Wait, don't you just... know it? That's how it is for... everyone else. Wait..." 

"Um, I think it was like: Out with the old, in with the new, something about how love sucks, demons inside someone, something being really cold, I like hot things."

"Oh, you mean: 'Out with the old, in with the new,

Love will be the Death of you,

Pain purges Sin

And Demons within,

Beware the ice,

The warmth entice.'" Jason input. I blinked in surprise.

"...Um, yeah. I think." I shift from foot to foot, wringing my hands. The edges of my vision ebb in and out of darkness. "So can you help me?" Piper and Jason look at each other, an unspoken conversation happening between them. It was obvious they still didn't believe me. Piper walked towards me.

"Yeah, sure Nico. Real friends stick together, you know?" Maybe it was something about her voice, or the way Jason patted me on the shoulder, but something within me cracked. I felt quiet. And hurt. I looked up at them. Smirked.

"Let's do this."