mom.

I'M BACK, BITCHES- MISS ME? I MISSED YOU GUYS I'M SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE SOONER ALSO I DON'T KNOW ITALIAN I TAKE FRENCH IF ANYTHING I WRITE IS SPELLED WRONG OR USED INCORRECTLY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CORRECT ME 

"H-how...?" I'm at a loss for words, as if the woman- no, ghost- before me had sucked the words from my mouth. 

Suddenly, my arms and chest feel warm. So do my cheeks. And something was messing with my hair; soft, like a gentle breeze was flowing through my matted, dark locks.

And then I realized- I was hugging my mom. I was really hugging her. 

Tears rolled down my flushed cheeks. She's real, I thought, she's really here. 

"Hush now, il mio soldatino. You don't need to cry. I'm here now." I don't reply, not wanting to shatter the fragile air. 

"Wait," I say after a moment, suspicion etched in my features, "How are you here?" My thoughts swim beneath my icy, stolid expression. My mom tries for a sad smile, but her face falls after a moment. 

"It was the only way," my mom replies, reaching for my shoulder. I let her hand rest on my bony shoulder.

"For...?"

"...the only way to see you," She tries, but I'm already taken aback, "to warn you, soldatino, about your quest. I had to- to get rid of him." Her eyes darken, something non human swarming in her chocolate irises.

"Mom...? What's going on?" The temperature drops, shadows dance along the walls of the bleach-white walls of the hospital and over my mom's face. When she opens her mouth, it's like thousands of tortured souls talk with her, raspy and wise- silent, scared and feared.

"Out with the old, in with the new,

Love will be the Death of you,

Pain purges Sin 

And Demons within,

Beware the ice,

The warmth entice." Warmth spreads from my sweating forehead, trickling down my spine and spilling off my shoulders. 

"End it before it's too late!" My mom screeches desperately. Then, she begins to weep. The tears turn shadow-black and engulf her in fiery ice.

"Mom!" But it's too late.

I collapse on the ground where my mom had stood, staring at the empty space. 

I know two things for certain.

My mom isn't human- not entirely, at least.

And Will is gone.

THIS IS JUST A DRAFT I MY REWRITE A BIT OF IT BUT I JUST WANTED TO MAP OUT THE GENERAL PLOT OF THE STORY THANKS FOR WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS I REALLY APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT!! <3