Prologue

Some people learn to realize that others aren’t as accepting.

And that they have to live with it.

She was a goddess. She was an adventurous girl. She was a loyal girl. She was an admired girl. This girl didn’t know she could be loved. Or that she could love another person.

She didn’t mean for anything to happen, but things didn’t go her way. Not like they always do. Perrie found herself abandoned and alone in the blink of an eye. It was all just because she wanted to be accepted for who she is. Well, her plan backfired on her, and she ended up in exile.

He was just another person in this world. He was a city boy. He was a fierce boy. He was an admired boy. He was admired by all the wrong people and he wanted to be loved for who he is deep down inside of him. The problem is he doesn’t let people inside his many walls.

Zayn was just a teenager in London. A bad boy he was sometimes called. A mistake—which was quite a big one—was what made him be this way. He is a very independent person, and doesn’t let people hang out with him. He feels he doesn’t need other people, but is dying to be accepted and loved.

When the two meet, they have some sort of disagreement. Zayn can’t find himself to tolerate Perrie. Yet, after learning a couple of things, Perrie wants to get to know Zayn. She wants to help Zayn. Yet Zayn has other plans, and he doesn’t want to be near the blonde. In fact, he’s doing his best to get rid of her. Both he and Perrie know that Zayn has a lot of walls around him. Zayn is doing his very best to keep them up. Perrie, on the other hand, is doing her very best to tear them down.

Zayn won’t let anyone in his life. Perrie won’t give up on the new struggles she’s facing. They both know enough to help themselves and keep it that way.

The only thing they don’t know is that sometimes, things won’t always go your way.