Losing hope

It's been a few hours and it was hopeless, the gate just won't open.

Merry and Pippin were throwing stones in the water until finally someone decided to talk, not really start a conversation but just break the silence beside my grandfather grumbling in Elvish.

"Don't disturb the water." Aragorn said as he stopped. I saw as something was steering in the water until I got frustrated with the situation we were in and asked with annoyance in my tone "For God sake's grandfather! You can't open the door, it just says speak the password as friend... don't know friend? As in..." forgetting the meaning of friend in Elvish. 

"MELLON!" I shouted.

The wall rumbled loudly and I heard Grandfather said "Sometimes Ella's impatiences comes good when needed." And I smiled but as I could hear the door open I quickly look back at the water. I felt a hand on mine and I turned to see Legolas.

"Come." he said gently.

As we walked through the doors of Moria my nose was attacked by the smell of thousands of rotting corpses.

"Soon, master elf and chosen one, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the dwarves! Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat off the bone! This my friend is the home of my cousin Balin. And they call it a mine, A MINE!" Gimli exclaimed loudly.

"What do they cook with? Dead rat?" I asked in disgust from the smell. I heard Legolas chuckled while I saw at the corner of my eyes that Gimli rolled his eyes.

Grandfather quickly lit up his staff and I walked beside Legolas I could hear crunching beneath my feet, and as I looked down I could see skeletons everywhere. I gasped in horror and examined the skeletons of the corpses. Few were of dwarves and many more were of goblins.

"This is no mine... it's a tomb."Boromir said gravely.

I watched as Gimli looked around the mine gravely, not believing his eyes.

"NO! NOO! NOOOOO!" he yelled in anguish.

Beside me Legolas quickly pulled out an arrow from a dead corpse. "Goblins!" he said as he quickly pulled out his bow and arrow, I did the same and Aragorn and Boromir unsheathed their swords.

"We make for the gap of Rohan... We should never have come here." Boromir said carefully backing out of the mine. "Now get out of here... Get out!" Boromir shouted.

Everyone slowly backed out of the mines, but then I could hear the halflings scream, mainly Frodo.

"Strider!" Sam called out and everyone went to Sam. Strider? Was that Aragorn's nickname?

"Aragorn!" I yelled and pointed towards Frodo.

Aragorn quickly charged to Frodo to help, just as Sam had cut a tentacle to free Frodo. Then more came out and pushed everyone to the ground and it grabbed Frodo's ankle and hoisted him into the air. Aragorn and Boromir quickly fought off the tentacles to try to reach Frodo but it was getting helpless. Legolas had tried to fire an arrow, but only managed to loosen the grip. 

I could not have Frodo die on me. I quickly aimed my bow and arrow right at the beasts head. I only made it more angry then it grabbed me from the waist, and I screamed. 

"Kill it!" grandfather yelled as I heard the fear quiver in his voice. The beast had released Frodo and he fell into Boromir's arms. The monster was about to put me in his mouth for he felt great power within me until Aragorn stabbed it and it died and released me in midair and I was about to prepare myself to meet the ground but I felt a pair of strong arms caught me just before I hit the ground, I looked over to see Legolas, he smiled at me.