The Lady of the golden light

I could hear the battle already beginning, I was scared. Scared that something might happen to Aragorn... Gimli... or even... Legolas. My heart just sank to my stomach but I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw Eowyn.

"I'm scared too." she said. "I don't understand why women can't fight." 

I sighed and replied "If you would have died do you think your uncle would ever forgive himself? He would miss you terribly... Even Eomer would." I smiled and she said "I always worry for their safety.... now even worse.. Lord Aragorn might get hurt." 

"Aragorn is strong he survived that tumble off that cliff than he can survive this, Eowyn I can't encourage you and Aragorn to be together because Aragorn's heart belongs to a very good friend of mine she is my half niece, but also a best friend." I said.

She just sat on a rock and said "I can at least try. I haven't given up hope." she smiled and I hugged her and said "Eowyn, you are dear to me. I would never let anyone hurt you."

***

A few hours have past and still the war wasn't over, people were crying. I was in the corner sitting on a rock recalling all the moments I have with him from the first time we met to the dance we shared, his protection, our closeness and him saving me from Boromir, our hug. I couldn't get him outta my mind.

Until I heard Arwen's voice "It's time." the marks on my body shone, I ran over to Eowyn and her eyes widen when she saw me and I told her "I have to go." I gave her one of my swords just in case and ran outside of the cave.

I then saw that the building was over run by Uruk-hais. My eyes widen and once they saw me they tried to attack me without hurting me since they knew I was the chosen one but they tried to capture me, but I killed each one with my sword making my way off the Helm's deep wall and onto the dirt ground. As soon as I got where I went to the middle of the field, it was still dark.

Now I was about to perform 'Lady of the Golden Light' it was a story my grandfather had always told me when I was just a very young girl and I memorize each and every word in it.

The lady of the Golden Light with Golden hair, sweet and kind she was. It was dark at night as she tried slaying the king of dragons, she lifted her hand up and spoke "I'narr en gothrim glinuva nuin I'anor." (The bones of our foes will gleam under the sun) and as the golden light came the dragon lay dead with the power of the golden light.

It was a short story yet I never knew I could do such a thing. I put my right hand up in the air and said "I'narr en gothrim glinuva nuin I'anor." nothing happened yet. I was scared because if the power didn't come that means that I don't have a pure heart full of love, and I grew nervous. But as I remembered how Legolas looked at me how he holds me and how he smiles next thing I knew the glows on my body which was always blue green but now they were gold, my eyes turned gold and then before I knew it the sun came up. I felt my whole body filled with warmth as a bright light came from the palm of my hand.

I was helping the sun shine down even more brightly than it should.

I look over the hill and saw grandfather riding Shadowfax.

I smiled then behind him was Eomer and then they started to attack. That's when King Theoden and the others including Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas came out from the wall mounted on their horses taking them with last stand.

Before I knew it all Uruk hais were dead. The marks on my body disappeared and I ran over to grandfather and said "Grandfather did you see that? I was the Lady of the Golden Light." as I hugged him very tight and he said "Of course I saw it. I am proud of you so is your mother and father. Not all chosen ones can do what you did." I smiled and hugged him even tighter. "Go on now your friends are looking for you." Grandfather said as I saw Aragorn walking close to us.

I walked over to him and hugged him and said "You look horrible." As I pulled away "As I've been told before." he said as he continue to walk over to Grandfather. I then saw Gimli and Legolas in the distance. I ran over to where they were and ran into Legolas' arms, without him noticing. I wrapped my arms around his neck and whispered "I'm glad your safe!" he then returned the hug. Legolas then said "I'm glad your safe, I saw what you've done. It was amazing." as he pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"Lassie! You are the most amazing woman I have ever met." Gimli said as he came to me and hugged me lifting me up in the air. I laughed. "Where's Haldir?" I asked Legolas. None of them spoke and Aragorn came up behind me and said "He was a good soldier, he sacrificed his life for his men." I was silent and I whispered "Vanya Sulie Mellon." (Fair Winds Friend)

The next day Theoden had announced to his people that he was heading back home to Rohan, but he had taken a few soldiers to take to Isengard. Of course the others and I volunteered to go along with Grandfather. As we reached the top of a hill. We all stopped to look out to the distance where we saw Mordor, and its evil red and black skies.

"Sauron's wrath will be terrible his retribution swift, the battle for Helms Deep is over... the battle for Middle-Earth is about to begin." Grandfather said as he glanced over to Mordor. "All our hopes now lay with two little hobbits somewhere in the wilderness." Grandfather finished as we rode off to Isengard.