Chapter 3

Ezra's POV

I took the crew to my folk's old house. I didn't want to at first, but there wouldn't be a safer place, and I wanted my credits. I showed them the secret basement and turned to leave.

"Wait!" Kanan said.

"What?" I asked.

"Thank you," Hera said.

"I just wanted the credits. I expect my money soon," I said before leaving them alone.

《~》

It has been a week since I helped the crew and I still hadn't gotten my money.

The blockade had left no ships in or out of the system, unless it was an Imperial vessal. The laws have also gotten stricter. It seemed the Empire really wanted to catch the rebels.

I sat in my tower, playing around with the box I had stolen from the crew. I still hadn't figured out how I had opened it the first time, but I had actually managed to open it more than once.

I tossed the cube onto my table filled with knick knacks. I grabbed my pack from my bed and exited the tower.

I descended down to the main floor of the tower and grabbed a speeder bike.

《~》

I parked my bike outside of Jho's, the barkeeper I had met. I headed inside the joint.

The place was relatively full, and Jho was helping someone, so I sat in a abandoned booth near the wall. I watched as Jho handed his customer a drink.

Jho started to clean the bar, but then he saw me sitting. He swung the rag over his shoulder and came out from behind the bar. He indicated with his head to the back storage room. I got up to follow him there.

"Did you get it?" I asked Jho as he shut the door behind him.

"No, but I have something else." Jho pulled a holodisk out if his pocket and inserted it into a transmission machine he kept back here.

The transmission started, showing a blue image of Kanan.

"Jho, I know this is sudden, but we need something. We were able to meet back up with the Rebellion, thanks to Ezra, but we need something from the planet. I don't care who you send to get it, but we need someone to get us supplies. The main rebel fleet was attacked, and we lost our command ship. The Empire has weakened its blockade on Lothal so we will be able to smuggle the supplies. I have transmitted you a list of what we need and where to get it. We just need your person to get the supplies and meet us in a planned location. These supplies are dire to our cause. Kanan out."

The transmission ended.

"You want me to do it?" I asked Jho.

"You are right now the only one I can trust who worked with the Ghost crew. I can't do it myself. Besides, I can tell them you are doing it and it might make you more money," Jho explained.

"I didn't know they were even part of a bigger group. How much merchandise am I moving?" I questioned.

Jho handed me the list of supplies. It was large, but manageable.

I gave Jho a long stare before answering. "At least I could get more credits."

We shook on the deal.