Chapter 4

Ezra's POV

I sat on one of the crates. I was currently waiting for the Rebellion to come and get their supplies.

Jho had told me they would bring me my credits when they picked up the supplies. I just had to be there when they picked them up.

It had been three days from when Jho had given me the job. It hadn't been hard to get the supplies. The Rebellion certainly has some powerful friends.

I shrugged my pack off my shoulders and took out the little box. I somehow had opened it yet again before I departed with the supplies. It only seemed to open when I was calming myself down.

I had learned it contained not just the message from Obi-Wan Kenobi, but also held extensive star maps and different plans.

While I studied the cube, I heard a ship coming. I looked up to see a small transport vessel. It was coming down to land near the supplies.

It landed and the ramp was lowered. Out stepped a Togruta. She had blue and white lekkus and montrals. Her skin had a orange hue and white markings all over her face.

"Are you Ezra?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I replied.

"I am Ahsoka Tano. I am here to pick up the supplies," Ahsoka approached me and held out her hand.

I hesitated before taking it. I don't know why, but I seem to have felt something. I quickly shook it off.

"Nice to meet you," I said coolly, not wanting to be too friendly.

Ahsoka frowned, but still shook my hand. "Likewise."

I took my hand back and turned back to the crates. "I got all the supplies on the list. It is all here. I can take my promised credits whenever."

I looked back over my shoulder to see Ahsoka frowning. But she still turned back to her ship and came back out with a case.

"Here is what Kanan promised you," Ahsoka heading me the case.

I took it, but Ahsoka was giving me a hard stare. "Yes?" I asked her.

"Nothing," she quickly replied. She walked past me briskly and started to load the first crate. I started helping her, and all the crates were quickly loaded.

Ahsoka and I shook hands. "Thank you for the supplies. The Rebellion will be grateful," Ahsoka said.

"Your welcome," I replied.

Ahsoka gave me a nod before entering her ship. I watched the ramp raise up.

I turned around as the ship took off. But as I did, I felt something again. Something dark.

I stood there puzzled for a few seconds, but I decided this feeling wasn't important either.

I continued to make my way to my tower.

《~》

I hadn't heard from anyone these past few weeks. The Rebellion hadn't contacted Jho again, and I had just been doing my normal stealing from the locals.

I was currently sitting in my tower, hoping I would get a transmission or something. I was once again fingering the cube while I waited.

I had opened it more times than I could count now, and had only scratched the surface. I had no idea what it all held.

Beep

I dropped the cube. I was startled by the noise, but quickly discovered it was my com that Jho had given to me.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Ready for another assignment?" Joe asked.

"Been waiting for weeks. What do you have?" I asked, relieved I finally had something to do.

"This assignment isn't like the others, though," Jho warned me.

"What do you mean?"

"This isn't about stealing a couple crates. This is about getting information."

"Well, tell me."

"Later today, a private ship will dock in Capitol City."

"Yeah?"

"On that ship is a senator who is supporting the Rebellion secretly. He has information for the Rebellion, and someone needs to go get it."

"And that's me?"

"Exactly. You will know who the senator is. Cone straight here when you have the message."

"Copy that," I ended the transmission.

I picked up the cube I had dropped on the ground and stuffed it back in my pack. I shouldered the pack and headed off to the docking bays.