Chapter 28

Ezra's POV

After my meeting with Qui-Gon and Yoda, Qui-Gon and I were transported through the Force to a green plant. There was fresh grass everywhere and the air smelled fresh.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Naboo. A very beautiful world," Qui-Gon said. "This is where I leave you."

"Wait! You are just going to leave me here? I don't even really know where or what I am supposed to be doing! I do not even know how the Force works!" I exclaimed.

"The Force will guide you, Ezra. It will show you what to do. It will tell you when it is time," Qui-Gon said as he faded away into nothingness.

"Well, that sure is helpful," I muttered.

How in the galaxy was I supposed to use the Force? By chance did it come with an instruction manuel?

Now I am sitting on Naboo, alone and clueless about where to go. So, I decide to try what Qui-Gon said. If the Force is supposed to guide me to where I am supposed to go, let's see if it works.

I sigh, not knowing what to do. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "If you are going to help me, Force, do your thing."

I thought I felt a little rush of wind, and when I opened my eyes, I was no longer in the country side of Naboo.

I was in an Imperial base.

I could feel I was still on Naboo, though. Turns out this Force can be handy for traveling.

As I marveled at what just happened, I heard voices from somewhere. I betted that no one could see me unless I let them, so I started walking through the base, trying to find the source of the voices.

I didn't have to to very far when I found a door. The voices were coming from the other side. I tried putting my ear up against the door so I could hear better, but I ended up falling through the door into the room.

I stumbled a few steps before regaining my balance. As soon as I did, I looked to see who was in the room.

And, of course, I didn't like them. Standing around a holotable were the Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother with another Imperial agent I didn't know.

"The rebels will fall into yet another one of our traps. And this time, they will not escape so easily," the Imperial agent said.

"Do not seem so confident, Agent Kallus. We still do not know what these rebels have up their sleeves," the Seventh Sister said.

"This time we will be better prepared," Kallus said.

"And if you fail?" The Fifth Brother asked.

"We will not."