Chapter 23

Ezra's POV

Good news: I had a good excuse to stay on the ship to do what I was meant to do.

Bad news: we were about to be blown up by the Empire.

So now Barriss, Ahsoka, and I were all headed to the reactor room, looking for an Imperial tracker.

Yep. Just your average everyday activities. Wouldn't want to get bored now, would you?

As the three of us approached the doors to the reactor room, Ahsoka stopped us.

"If we find a tracker in there, we quickly disable it and tell Commander we can get out of here. Understand?" Ahsoka asked.

Barriss and I nodded our heads. Ahsoka opened the door to the reactor room, and she entered, followed by Barriss. I followed a few seconds behind, catching my breath. Everyone had obviously forgotten I was injured. But I wasn't going to say anything now.

Yoda said I would help Barriss and Ahsoka somehow, and I had a feeling this was the day it would happen.

I met the two in the middle of the room where the control panels were located. Both of them were typing away at the screens and checking different dials.

"Anything?" I questioned.

"Not yet," Ahsoka muttered.

As the two typed away, I started to feel something. It was as if something was tugging me to look up. I didn't know what this feeling was, but I still looked up.

And I was glad I did.

On the ceiling if the room was a dark black panel with a blinking red dot on it. As I watched, the dot started blinking faster and faster.

"Hey, guys-"

Before I could finish my sentence, the red dot stopped blinking. Then, a big explosion resonated throughout the room as chuncks of the ceiling fell on the three of us.

《~》

Hera's POV

After we left the Commander, we decided to split up. Kanan and I decided to check one area of the ship while Sabine and Zeb checked the other part. We had even managed to spare a few extra men to help us look.

As Kanan and I ran down the halls of the ship, I couldn't help but talk to him about Ezra.

"Kanan, are you alright with Ezra?" I asked.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Kanan asked as we rounded a corner.

"I am talking about trust. Almost no one on this ship trusts Ezra, and Ezra trusts almost no one on this ship," I said fiercely.

"This is not the time to talk about this," Kanan replied.

"When is it ever?" I sighed.

Kanan slowed. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means every time I approach you about him, you just shut off."

"I do not just shut off!"

"Of course you don't."

"We can't talk about this now. We have a tracker to find."

I sighed as Kanan and I started off again. It woukd take a lot more effort to get him to talk to me about this.

As we sprinted about the hallways, running into other rebels racing to their posts, the ship was suddenly shaken with a loud boom.

I looked at Kanan. "It seems someone found the tracker," I said.