Chapter 1. How We Started

Hello there! Thank you for finding this story and giving it a try, I appreciate it so much! And with that, I really hope that you will like it. Before you start, I'd like to remind you that the sections which are in Italic fonts (or the ones with "How..." headers) are flashbacks. Once you get to the normal fonts (or when you reach the "Chapter #)" sections, you're back to present. I hope this makes it clear! Enjoy! --Sabrina Rose

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

How we started...

It was one fateful day in 10th grade when I lost my diary. Gasp! That's horrible, I knew. You can lose everything, but not your diary. Especially, a diary which contained every moment, every adventure, every happening, every thought... just everything of my life. And when I say everything, that included my obsession with one of our school's heartthrobs - Blake Henderson.

So, yeah, that was the critical part of losing my diary. The guy practically was in my every entry. How he was doing that day, who he was with, what he got for lunch, how he did in his game, our short insignificant encounter (which I doubted he remembered or took notice)...just anything! It was all there.

Being in love was an understatement. It's like, I can't really get past a day without seeing him. He's like the apple of my eye, the straw to my berry, the blood thru my veins, the air that I breathe... My day was not complete if I did not get to see him. And, I did not skip to write this in my diary. If ever somebody happened to pick up that diary, read it and expose it to the world... I was sooo doooomed! It would be the end of my existence.

I mean, just think of how embarrassing that would be...how frightening it would be to face everyone... And him! No, just the thought of it made me want to throw up.

I went to look for it in every corner I'd been that day -- the restroom, the cafeteria, library... nothing. Just nothing. And the fear intensified, realizing somebody might had already gotten hold of it. Oh no! What was I gonna do?

"Is this what you are looking for?" A voice sounded behind me. I was at the rooftop of our school building, where I usually killed my time. I loved writing there because of the peaceful and serene atmosphere. Jeez, how could I leave it there? How could I be so careless?

I turned to see who it was, I gasped. It couldn't be... "Blake." I muttered horrified, as color started draining in my already pale face.

He grinned devilishly. Had I already mentioned he's kind of mean? "Really, Venice?" Oh, my god, he knew my name. Nah, silly, it was in your diary. I focused on my diary, he was holding.

"I am the light of your world?! I didn't know I could be like that to anybody. You know, I always thought I could just be, you know, the love of their life. I mean, you're different. I like how you described me in here: towering height, hair as smooth as silk and as black as raven, eyes so mesmerizing I'd melt in them, nose perfectly shaped, lips so kiss---"

Well, I liked writing. But, that's not the point!

"Okay, enough already," I said, cutting him off wanting the ground to just swallow me whole. God, it wasn't enough that somebody found it. It just had to be Blake Henderson! "Just give it back to me. Forget you ever touched it," I said, trying to suppress the embarrassment I was feeling. Acting tough would be my only way of survival. I wanted to get angry because he was so full of himself, but I just couldn't. The way his lips perked up, man, I knew I was screwed.

But he seemed to not hear my plea. "I might get this published. This would make money, I'm sure. My whole entirety would be epic..."

Oh, I knew, he's just being narcissistic. It's my fault anyway for exaggerating everything.