Chapter 10. How We All Met Because of Her

How we all met because of her...

"Where are you?" I asked her as I looked for her in the crowded quadrangle. It's our first year in college and we decided to try different clubs and see what suit us both. As for me, I couldn't try the soccer anymore. So maybe I'll just go with...nah forget it. I didn't think I'll like socializing as of the moment.

"Guess what tent I am in right now," she said. "Blake, I think I want to join soccer."

"What?" I asked. Did I hear it right? She had no interest in soccer I knew.

"Yes. I'll have your back, right?" she asked.

"Oh well, t-that's good. Good luck," I said. "I'll look for you, stay there," I said.

"Yep," she said and we both hung up.

I looked for the said tent and failed. I can't seem to find it. Man, the place was too big to cover. I finally came to rest under this shade of a tree. Should I just call her and tell her where I am? Why was she hard to find? That girl...

"I saw her first!" I heard a guy said.

"Man, she won't like you anyway," said another.

"Are you saying I'm ugly?" Threw the other one. The other shrugged. "Let's find out who she'll like first," he challenged.

"She won't even look at you. Besides, I already know her. We have Math together. She doesn't know me yet, but she will soon," said the guy.

The other scowled at him. "You're kidding!" said him as he grabbed his collar and shoved him on the tree. I stepped out not wanting to get involved.

Honestly, it should be fun to watch. Live UFC was just lit. Who were they even fighting for?

"You don't believe me? Her name's Gabriella Venice. We sit together in Math," the guy said.

I stopped short. Did he just say my Venice? How on earth---

"She's taken already," suddenly a red-haired guy appeared out of nowhere.

"Who are you?" they chorused.

"Her boyfriend," the red-haired guy answered confidently. My eyebrow shot up.

"You're crazy," said the one being shoved on the tree.

The red-haired guy scoffed. "It's true. For almost 3 years now."

Was he serious??? He looked serious. If I didn't know what's real at all, I would've believed him.

The other guy shoved the other away and lunged at the red-haired guy. "How would he like a guy like you?"

"Are you insulting me?" scowled the red-haired guy. Why did he look familiar?

Nevertheless, their madness had to stop. I found myself clearing my throat. "The girl you're fighting over is actually mine. So stop this madness."

They all looked at me furiously. And later, I found us sprawled on the ground after a hardcore fight. That's how we all met because of her.

🌺Chapter 10.

Blake's POV

"Just don't lower your guards," I said as I looked at her. I brushed her hair aside and cupped her face. She had her hair cut until all the red hairs were gone. It's only the black hair that I love. "Don't strain yourself too much. You might get your feet injured again."