Chapter 8. How He Became My Hero

How he became my hero...

"And so here comes the slut who follows Blake anywhere," I heard Carly saying. She's the school's reigning queen bee and I'd heard how she liked Blake so much. They dated once and if I was not mistaken, Blake made me compose a song for her. A song! Did you imagine how hard it was for me to compose a song for a girl he liked? Oh god. Don't remind me.

"Yeah, I don't get it why Blake never gets rid of her," said one of her minions.

"She's nothing special. She's just plain Venice..." followed by another one.

"But actually, I pity her. You know, she's able to stay beside Blake but she's still going to end up as the friend. Blake's just keeping her so he could have his entertainment. You know Blake, he always gets bored and who knows what he's making her do to entertain him," said the queen bee again.

I was clenching my fist in anger but I couldn't bring myself up to defend myself. It's always like this. They always said some things that I could clearly hear when Blake wasn't around. I got bullied many times just because I got to stay close to Blake.

"I wonder when is Blake going to get rid of her. She doesn't deserve being with Blake all the time," she continued. "You know, I can't wait to see the day when Blake finally dumps her and shut her out of his life. That would be epic."

I felt the tear slide down my cheek. Was Blake really going to do that? I didn't want to lose him. He's my best friend, my only friend besides the fact that I love him so much. I didn't wanna be alone again.

"Yes, Carly, that would be epic," said Blake who just got to our table. "Except that it's never going to happen."

I looked up to see him sneaking a little wink at me.

"Oh yes? Does she please you that much?" teased Carly.

"She pleases me much more than you've ever did. Oh wait, that came out all wrong. You never for once pleased me at all," Blake fired. Ha! Take that, you wench!

I saw Carly's face turned red. "How dare you?!"

Blake just chuckled. "I'm sorry but that was the truth. I really don't know how to lie so that came out. I'm sorry but I'm really not sorry." I couldn't keep myself from smiling secretly at what's happening before my eyes. It's not that I enjoyed Blake stepping down on Carly. I was just having fun watching Blake's actions. I guessed that whatever he did, I was still going to fall for him no matter what.

"You---!" Carly was about to slap him, probably, but Blake stopped her from advancing forward.

"I wouldn't really do that if you don't want me to reveal your deepest secret, Carl..." that was effective as Carly stopped in her tracks and stared at Blake furiously. But he just smiled at her.

Carly backed away realizing that Blake's really gonna do it if she didn't stop.

"Oh, and one more thing... in case in the future you do this again to my future wife, I will really disclose it. And everybody else for that matter. You know what I am capable of," he said threatening everybody else.

I actually didn't catch the last part as my mind focused on the future wife part. What did he say? Was he serious about it?! Oh my god, I didn't know what to feel. I felt like my heart's going to burst anytime! He just announced that for the world to hear--!