Y/N Female Character - 11. School (among the lockers and down the floor)

One, two, three-stab! The sound was sickening as the knife plunged into the head. A monster's head, you remind yourself. Not the head of that boy you knew or that student you attended the leadership training with. You gave it a shove and it fell down before you.

You slowly leaned back into the wall and slid down. You open your pack to get your ID where your keys were. You removed the small bear keychain that contains the keys and replaced the card and lace inside your bag. Your heart pounded. From your crouched position on the floor you can hear the ticking of the watch strapped on your wrist. Christina's watch. You really should hurry down to meet with Gino. And then you'd convince him to get Christina down with you. Surely you couldn't leave her in here when you get out of the school grounds.

Slipping on your bag you take a breath before running once more. And then you came into a halt just before the row of lockers were yours is located.

There were atleast five zombies scattered in front of you but they were far apart anyway and it seems that if you were really quite you can get the things from your locker without having to kill any. You cringe and slowly made your way towards locker 208. The killing was taking a toll on your strength-and sanity. Holding your breath you fit the key into the lock.

Click. You remove the lock and hold the handle to open it.

You sigh with relief, opening your bag quickly and shoving the hoodie that was hanging by a hook inside your locker. The chips went in the bag and you mentally rolled your eyes at yourself. A movement on your left made your eyes go wide and reflexively you pull the thick book that was luckily on top of the pile and threw it on the advancing zombie.

It only had a small effect but hindered it from grabbing at you immediately. You take out the two arnis leaning on one side and closed the locker, only to see that there was another zombie to your right. You drop one wooden pole, really you have not learned how to properly fight using the two poles-and you doubt finesse would do much against the zombies anyway. It wasn't as if they would be impressed by your skill or-

"Aah!!"You swing the pole like a bat and it connected with the zombie's neck with a crunch. You felt the wood give and splinter. It really was more suited for self defense and not for much damage.

The zombie swayed backwards but then you felt hands grab at your back. Completely dropping the broken wood, you whip your hand to stab at the head that would have taken a bite at your own had you not yanked yourself away at the right time. Thankfully you had not dropped the knife in favor of the arnis, that would have been disastrous.

You hear snarling and groans behind you and you feel another savage pull.

"No!" you turn and slashed at the zombie intent on biting you. You see a girl bringing down the other abandoned wooden pole on the zombie's head. It was Christina. You felt relief flood you when you saw her.

She raised her hands again to fend off the one attacking her and you make your way to stab at its head. You help her stand just before she could slump down to the floor.

"Come on 'Tina, we have to get moving," you urged her to stand correctly but then you notice the state she was in. Her left sleeve was torn and from below her skirt you can see blood flowing down her left leg.

"What happened?" you asked but she shook her head.

"N-no time, just-"

You both gasped as more zombies came from your right, at the direction you both came from. You adjust the knife at your right hand and supported her with your other arm.

You have to get at the end of the corridor and down at the clinic. You started to run but with had to slow down when Christina gave a yelp of pain. You shook your head and tried again, you wouldn't make it out alive in this pace. Your heart thudded in your chest, you must make her run faster!

"I watched my friends turn," she choked. "Back at the girls' toilet. It wasn't- wasn't. It wasn't pretty."

She seemed to have difficulty getting the words out.

"We'll talk later, let's just get out of here!"

You tugged and half dragged her as you ran.

"No, you go Y/N," she sobbed.

"Not this again 'Tina," you hissed. This is not the time to argue about this, the zombies are just behind you!

She gave another yelp and you did the same as you were thrown forward. She had given you a mighty shove and you turn to see her sprawled on the floor with a zombie pulling at her leg.

"'Tina!" you shout as you see the zombie inching closer to her. You haven't given a thought about the ones on the floor, only caring about the one's after you which had now reached the other girl.

"Ruuuun!!!!" She screamed. Your eyes widened as the zombie took a bite from her leg, and the others had followed as well.

You choke back the bile that you feel on your throat and turned. Pushing yourself up, you ran. You dodged the few zombies in your way and ran like your life depended on it. Which it does, and you knew it.

You ran and before you know it you were going down the flight of stairs. Her screams had stopped but the image of the zombies coming down on her did not fade from your vision.

A snarling snapped you back into the present and you shove off a zombie and gave a vicious stab. And another until it fell down past the steps. You ran some more and didn't stop to take a breath as you opened the door to the clinic.

You closed the door behind you and you slumped against it. You see movement in front of you but didn't look up and just closed your eyes to stop the tears. Somehow you didn't care anymore. Maybe there really wasn't any hope, you'll all die anyway. You curled up in a ball and hugged your arms around yourself.

That's when you've heard it, the gruff throat sound and then a pressure on your head.

�k��3^�