Gino - 3. School (now)

Perhaps he'd blacked out. He'd tried stuff before of course, when he still hung with the 'wrong' crowd and it was nothing like this. Maybe he'd just gotten possessed. Whatever. He only knew that he was now breathing heavily while clutching the now more bent pipe in his hands. He was also sweaty and gore splattered as he stood in front of the chapel.

He didn't bother knocking and just opened the door abruptly, taking the scene for a second before yanking Y/N from the nun's grasp.

He couldn't help it. The crazed look on the woman's eyes disturbed him immensely, even more so than the flesh eating rabid corpse thingies outside. He pulled Y/N beside him at the same time he shut the door.

"You!" The nun immediately turned on him with recognition dawning on her face, "We should never had let you in here. Demon child!"

Gino recoiled inside but he didn't let his appearance look fazed. He could see the students on the pews look alarmed.

"Sister, keep it down please," Y/N was now trying to unsuccessfully mollify the distressed and not to mention livid nun.

Gino could feel his jaw tense. Did she know? What a stupid question, of course she did. They'd have checked his previous records or at least contacted his old school.

"This is all your fault!"

He stood frozen on the spot, only when he felt Y/N tug on his sleeve did he move from his trance. He broke his eye contact from the nun and instead looked at Y/N's eyes. They were confused a bit but immediately cleared of expression. Instead she raised her eyebrows at him.

He stared briefly. Her state was disheveled, like she'd been involved in a cat fight. Her clothes were bloody and had scratches, she looked nothing like the immaculately dressed girl he met earlier. Her eyes were clear and alive on her blood splattered face-he could almost see his own reflection in them, his own gore splattered profile.

He breathed, for the first time he felt he wasn't alone on this. Inwardly he smiled wrily, what a weird feeling that is.

"We should go," Y/N whispered. In a louder and solemn voice she said to the nun, "We're going. Everyone too, you should come with us."

The nun just stared at her, and then at Gino shaking her head. Suddenly she kneeled and Gino saw that she picked up a brown rosary. She placed it on Y/N's hand and then turned away towards the altar.

Y/N looked at the students hopefully but one by one they turned away back to face the altar once more, fervently clutching their hands together.

"Go," the nun's voice said softly. She had knelt by the front pew but no longer spared them a glance.

Y/N nodded but replied, "We'll get help. Hang in there."

Gino could only shake his head at her optimism. They'd be lucky if they even made it out alive.