Chapter 5

"S-So it'll be t-two hours until someone gets b-back?" Bill stuttered, already beginning to feel claustrophobic. Dipper rolled his eyes and sat on the lid of the toilet.

"Yes, Bill, two hours. If you'd quit asking how long, it would feel shorter." Dipper snapped. Bill frowned and sat on the edge of the counter. He let out a laugh, a hand to his stomach.

"I've got to stop eating winged creatures." He joked. Dipper didn't look at him. He kept his eyes trained on the ground. Bill frowned again and tapped the boy with his foot. "Pine Tree." He called. Dipper pretended to not hear him. Bill continued to tap his arm, his head, his back, over and over. "Pine Tree, Pine Tree, Pine Tree." He said with every poke. Dipper closed his eyes, trying to ignore the dream demon. "You can't ignore me forever, Dipper!" Bill mused in a sing song voice. Dipper furrowed his eyebrows, not used to hearing the demon say his name. Suddenly, Dipper's hat left his head.

"Hey!" The boy cried, indignantly leaping to his feet. Bill got to his feet too, on the counter, laughing and holding Dipper's hat high above his head. Dipper crossed his arms, glowering at him. "Now, what about that is fair?" He inquired. Bill rolled his eyes, well, eye, and stepped down onto the toilet lid, taking off his top hat and pulling on Dipper's hat.

"There. Happy?" The demon inquired. Dipper tried not to laugh.

"You look terrible in blue, Bill." He laughed. Bill smirked and crossed his arms, turning up his nose. Dipper groaned, still laughing. "Give me back my hat!" He insisted. Bill glanced at him and shook his head.

"You'll have to come get it." He teased. Dipper rolled his eyes, smiling.

"Bill, I will pull you off that toilet, I swear." He laughed, unable to stop. Bill started laughing as well as Dipper grabbed the demon's leg and attempted to pull him off balance. Bill floated into the air, bringing Dipper with him. When Dipper's feet left the ground, he momentarily panicked and wrapped his arms around Bill's waist so as not to fall. Bill didn't seem to notice. He was too busy laughing, trying to keep Dipper's hands away from the hat.

"Here, I'll trade you!" He offered, pulling the top hat onto Dipper's head. It was getting hard to breathe, they were both laughing so much, as Dipper attempted to climb up Bill to reach his hat. It wasn't until the teenager had successfully swapped the hats again that he realized just how close he was to the dream demon. His arms were wrapped around Bill's shoulders from when he had climbed up to get the hat, and the demon's hands were on Dipper's waist, helping to keep him from falling back to the ground below. Dipper felt his face growing hot, despite his best efforts to keep it from doing so. Bill's cheeks were growing pink as well, but he laughed it off.

"You feeling any butterflies yet?" He questioned in reference to their earlier conversation. This made Dipper's face flush even more and Bill laughed again. In an attempt to get away, Dipper quickly pushed Bill, letting go, forgetting that he was in the air. Dipper's legs hit the toilet and his back hit the edge of the bathtub. Bill laughed as he floated back down to the ground.

"I'll take that as a yes." The demon guessed. Dipper glared at him, rubbing his sore spots as he sat up. Bill's smile faded when he saw that Dipper was hurt, and he sat down on the floor on the other side of the bathroom, which just so happened to be only a few feet away from Dipper. Bill scratched the back of his head.

"I told you you couldn't ignore me forever." He tried for a joke. Dipper huffed, putting his chin in his hand.

"I wish I could." He grumbled. Bill's attempt for a smile disappeared again and he brought his knees up to his chest.

"Oh." Was all he said. Dipper sighed, rubbing his nose.

"I didn't mean that, Bill." He told him. Bill just shook his head, shrugging.

"Sure you did. I mean, all I've ever done is cause you trouble. I'm a flipping chaos god, for crying out loud. You'd have to be mad to put up with me, let alone like me." The demon buried his head in his arms and guilt pierced Dipper's chest. He shifted over closer to him, not sure, exactly, what he was doing. He put his arm around Bill's shoulders and squeezed him lightly. Bill looked up at Dipper's touch, surprised. Dipper gave him a small smile.

"Everyone's a little bit insane, Cipher. It's something we've got to live with." He reasoned. A smile flickered onto Bill's face.

"Yeah. I guess so." He said, looking at his hands. Dipper's stomach was so tight he felt like he might puke, but he didn't move away from the demon.

"And...who knows?" Dipper began, his voice trembling with the effort of speaking, his throat tight with nervousness at being this close to him. Bill glanced at Dipper, waiting for him to finish his statement. Dipper smirked. "Maybe I am mad."

A/N: Yeah, short, I know. But hey, it was FUN TO WRITE! Muahaha! The whole hat ordeal was funnier in my head...whatever. What is this? Dipper showing affection?! Whaaaaaaat? Ugh...now I have to go to basketball practice...NOOO! Whatever. I'll howl to you later!