Chapter 7

When Bill woke up again, he wasn't in the bathroom. The dream demon sat up, slightly alarmed. He was surprised to find himself lying on Dipper's bed, the boy no where to be found. At least not within the boundaries of the attic room. Bill yawned, rubbing sleep out of his uncovered eye. Something felt off about him... He felt hot and cold at the same time, and his head swam as he looked around. Just then, the attic door swung open and Dipper walked in carrying something in his hands.

"Good," he began, closing the door with his foot, "you're awake." Bill frowned slightly.

"Well, good morning to you to." He mumbled before breaking off in a cough. "Agh! What is this? Have you poisoned me, Pine Tree?!" The demon accused. Dipper rolled his eyes walking over and helped Bill lie back down once he had finished coughed.

"No, I didn't poison you, Bill. You're sick. It's what you get for sleeping on the cold bathroom floor in wet clothes. Not to mention you have the immune system of a small child, seeing as your human form hasn't been exposed to very many viruses or bacteria yet." The teen explained. Bill raised his eyebrows, impressed with Dipper's knowledge.

"Oh. Well...how does one become not sick?" The dream demon wondered. Dipper shrugged.

"Take medicine and wait it out. Oh, and here. Eat this, it'll help you feel better." The boy handed Bill a bowl of chicken and noodle soup, which he cautiously accepted. Bill laughed slightly.

"I hope you didn't make this, Pine Tree!" He teased. Dipper frowned at him.

"No, Mabel did. She's also the one who let us out of the bathroom and figured out you were sick, so you can get over yourself and eat the soup." He snapped. Bill winced slightly.

"Yeesh, kid, take a chill pill! It was a joke! Besides, I never poked fun at the soup or your sister, it was all directed towards you. Cause you're just special that way, Pine Tree." Bill explained wit a wink, swallowing a spoon full of the soup. Dipper sighed, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Oh yeah, I feel so special." He retorted, which made Bill smirk slightly, sipping another spoonful. Once Bill had finished the soup, Dipper set it aside on the bedside table, then pressed the back of his hand against Bill's forehead, checking his temperature. Bill raised an eyebrow at him when he hand lingered for a few moments before pulling away, but he said nothing, which was another indicator that he wasn't feeling 100%. Dipper sighed and crossed the room to grab Journal 3. He then sat down at the end of the bed so Bill couldn't see the pages, but so he could participate in the conversation.

"Since your stuck in bed for a while, I guess we might as well start figuring out who or what did this to you and how to change you back." Dipper suggested. Bill just shrugged, closing the eye not covered by the eyepatch. Dipper pursed his lips as he opened the journal. Bill didn't say or do anything. Beginning to worry, Dipper retrieved another one of the Journal's from across the room, number 1. He walked over and held it out to Bill.

"Here, you can help me look." The demon opened his eye slightly, looked at the journal, looked at Dipper, then closed his eye again and rolled over to face the wall. Dipper set the journals aside and crouched down next to Bill, coaxing him to roll back over so he could check his temperature.

"Bill, are you alright? You've only got a low fever." Dipper informed him. The demon rolled onto his side to look at Dipper.

"Pine Tree, I...I've been thinking, and...I want to change the deal." Dipper furrowed his eyebrows.

"What? How so? Why?" He inquired.

"Well, it just isn't appealing to me anymore. Besides, Shooting Star doesn't want to be a part of it, so we'd might as well change it!" He pointed out. He sighed, turning onto his back.

"If you help me learn to live in reality, I will protect the Pine's family with my life, and whatever powers of mine I still possess. Do we have a deal?" He proposed. Dipper frowned slightly.

"What's the catch?" Dipper wondered. Bill smirked, laughing slightly.

"You're stuck with me." He replied. Dipper considered it.

"But, Bill, in reality like this, as a human, your powers are limited." The boy pointed out. Bill shrugged, rubbing his eye again to rid of sleep.

"So? I'm still more powerful than you." He countered with a yawn. Dipper smirked laughing slightly.

"Oh, yeah, sure, if you say so." He teased. Bill smiled slightly and held out his hand, which lit up with blue flames, his eyes glowing as well.

"Do we have a deal, Pine Tree?" He inquired. Dipper chewed his lip for a moment, debating with himself.

"This means you'll be stuck with me too, you know." He noted. Bill just grinned and held his hand out more. Dipper set his jaw and took Bill's hand. He smiled and shook it firmly.

"Deal."