Chapter 6

"I can't believe you let me fell asleep." Dipper muttered, rubbing sleep out of his eyes, looking in the mirror. The alleged two hours that the boys would be locked in the bathroom had quickly turned into three hours, then four. They heard a phone message that Stanley had been arrested for the night for some crime that didn't surprise Dipper, and another one that said Mabel was spending the night at Candy's house this time, as opposed to Grenda's, so Dipper Pines and Bill Cipher were locked in the bathroom until someone came home in the morning, or if Soos ever thought to come upstairs, which he rarely did. Not to mention the fact that Dipper didn't want to have to explain Bill to anyone that didn't already know about him. Meaning, they were stuck here until Mabel came home. Dipper saw Bill shrug in the mirror, rolling his shoulder to try and wake it up again.

"You were tired, and it's not like there was anything else for you to do. Besides..." The dream demon smirked as he stood up off the tiled ground and walked up behind Dipper, looking at himself in the mirror. "You were pretty adorable with your head resting on my shoulder, fast asleep. It took all I had not to enter your dreams and annoy you!" He teased. Dipper made a face.

"I did not fall asleep on your shoulder." He contradicted. Bill pursed his lips and raised an eyebrow.

"Really? And how do you know? I was the one that was awake." He pointed out. Dipper rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." Defeated, Dipper turned on the faucet and drank from the tap. After a few sips, he stood up straight again, turning off the water and wiping the stray droplets off of his mouth. He turned and looked at Bill, a disgusted look on his face. "And don't call me adorable." He instructed before drinking from the faucet. Bill shrugged and began stretching out his legs.

"Whatever you say, Butterflies." Dipper spit out all the water he just drank, grabbing a towel and wiping off his face and the mirror.

"What did you just call me?" Dipper inquired, turning around to look at Bill, who was doing a backbend to try and stretch out his back, having been in an uncomfortable sitting position for an hour and a half while Dipper slept. He grinned at the boy upside down.

"Stick to Pine Tree?" He guessed.

"You'd better." Dipper growled, which made Bill laugh, standing back up again without using his hands.

"Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the dream demon." He remarked, mimicking a pouty face. Dipper rolled his eyes and sat on the edge of the bathtub.

"Is there such thing as the right side of a demon?" Dipper wondered. Bill considered it.

"Good point." He admitted. The two sat there for a few moments, falling into the awkward silence that aways seemed to accompany any conversation that had. Bill ran his hand through his hair, then looked at his hand. Then he looked at Dipper for a moment. Dipper furrowed his eyebrows. He was about to ask what the dream demon was thinking when Bill leaned forward and ran his fingers through Dipper's hair, knocking off his hat in the process. Dipper tensed up when Bill touched him, and didn't even make a grab for his hat until the demon took his hand out of the boy's hair. His hand shaking slightly, Dipper picked up his hat.

"What the hell," he began, pulling his hat back onto his head, "was that?" Bill shrugged, sitting on the edge of the counter again.

"I had never felt anyone's hair, other than mine. I wanted something to compare it to." He explained, as if it was completely normal. Dipper blinked a few times, looking at Bill like he was crazy, which he was.