Dead by Daylight [Part One]

7:36pm, 11 Hours to Sunrise

Koen drove along the dirt path following the GPS accordingly. Malory leaned forward from the backseat and cranked the volume blasting the music through the Jeep. "Is the music loud enough?" Koen immediately turned the volume back down, clearly annoyed. He was sure the GPS was leading them to a dead end.

Mila gave him a stern look and whispered, "Are you okay, babe?" Koen sighed.

"I think we're lost." He finally admitted and everyone in the Jeep heard him. Malory cursed at him but Waelynn calmed her down and held her.

"What do you mean, lost?" Elizabeth asked.

"He means he doesn't know where we are." Waelynn said and ran a hand through his blond hair. "Maybe we should just get out and go look around?"

Malory shook her head no and crossed her arms. "No, hell no I am not getting out of this car." Lizzy laughed beside her. "Do you find something funny?"

Lizzy shrugged. "Kind of."

"You two stop," Mila craned her neck and glared at both of the girls. They had only agreed to go on this trip because Mila begged them too. Otherwise, they would never have agreed. "Babe?"

Koen slowed the Jeep to a halt and shut the engine off. "I agree with Waelynn. We should just get out and look on foot, it looks like the path is getting too narrow anyway."

He quickly got out and Mila met with him. "You sure this is a good idea?" He smiled and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Yeah, I'm sure." He lied to her, which he hated doing, but he didn't want to worry her.

"Would you just get your ass out?" Waelynn yelled out from the passenger side, frustrated. Lizzy got out quickly and rolled her eyes.

"Are they just going to yell and argue the whole time?" She leaned against the door and stretched her arms. Mila looked through the windows and saw Waelynn attempting to get Malory out of the car.

"I hope not." She answered her friend and took a few steps down the path to get away from the bickering. She shedded her jacket and wrapped it loosely around her waist. It was the middle of summer and the nights were still as hot as the day.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Koen came up behind her and planted a kiss on her neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close.

"Yeah, it is." She smiled and held his hand. "Thanks for doing this."

"Of course, I want to see my friends close again." Senior year changed their lives, and nothing about it changed for the good. A twig cracked behind them and Koen whipped around to find the rest of the three coming.

"I finally got her out." Waelynn announced. Malory was pissed, her arms were crossed and face scrunched.

Koen started down the path and everyone followed. "It should be a clearing up ahead if we went the right way." He announced.

"I swear, if I fall or something I'm going to hurt you Waelynn." Malory pouted as she carefully watched her steps precariously dodging another logs and sticks on the ground. Lizzy shook her head and laughed at her then received a hateful stare from Malory.

"She's such a bitch," Malory whispered only for Waelynn to hear. Waelynn watched as Lizzy walked in front of them. "Oh, and now you're staring at her ass."

Waelynn protested. "I was not! She's right in front of me, and I supposed to look the other way or something?" He shook his head and stepped ahead of Malory. He wasn't sure why he got back together with her. The only thing he enjoyed from her was the sex, but that was it. Other than that she gave him headaches.

"I see something!" Mila announced and ran ahead through a clearing. She stopped in her tracks and waited as the rest of her friends caught up.

"Well would you look at that." Waelynn shook his head in disbelief. "We found it!" Waelynn ran ahead to the site in front of them. It was an old cabin, and it definitely was not on the GPS.

Koen tried to stop them but it was no use. "Come on, let's not get left behind." Mila took his hand and they followed Waelynn to the cabin. It was set in a large clearing, a dirt path leading right up the steps the led to the front entrance. It was big for a cabin and looked withdrawn from the world.

Waelynn took his steps carefully and maneuvered around a hole in one of the steps. "Do you think someone lives here?" He wiped at the dusty window and looked in. The furniture inside was covered in white cloth.

"Doesn't look like it." Lizzy said and opened the screen door with a loud creak. She knocked, waited, then opened the door. "Hello?" She called inside. She turned and looked at her friends.

Mila turned to Koen. "Are you sure we should be here?" Koen glanced past Lizzy inside and sighed. No, he wasn't.

"I'd rather not stay in that damn Jeep with Waelynn and the girls, so this is the best option." He told her. She squeezed his hand and nodded then followed her friends inside.

The inside was almost spotless. All of the furniture was covered, and not a single cobweb or speck of dust was in sight. "Maybe someone just left for the summer." Malory said and followed Waelynn into the kitchen. Lizzy went on her own and headed up the stairs to the second floor.

"It's warm in here." Mila acknowledged. She stepped into the den and pulled one of the white sheets off a couch. She brushed at the couch and decided it was okay to sit on. "This was supposed to be a night in tents, not some creepy as cabin in the woods."

Koen sat beside her. "I know, and I'm sorry." He was to blame for this. He got them lost by following the stupid GPS. Waelynn entered a moment later alone and then was followed by Malory.

"Where's Lizzy?" Mila asked them. They simply shrugged and Waelynn pulled a sheet off of another chair. Mila pushed herself off of the couch and into the entry way to the stairs. "Lizzy!" She called up but received silence.

Waelynn came behind her and called for Lizzy. He received the same silence. "What the hell." She began to worry and took the stairs two at a time, Mila in suit. They reached the second landing and Mila pulled out her phone and turned the flashlight on. The sun had finally gone down and the second story had no light whatsoever.

Mila crept behind Waelynn as they went down the hall looking in every room for Lizzy. "This is insane, where could she have gone?" Waelynn shook his head and bit his lip. He was worried. They stopped at the end of the hallway and found a door wide open. Waelynn stepped in first and found the room completely empty, no Lizzy upstairs.

"What happened to her?" Mila ran a shaky hand through her hair and began to lose it. How could her friend suddenly go missing?

"Shh." Waelynn hushed her and stepped forward.

"What's wrong?" Mila took a deep breath and attempted to see what he saw.

"The window, it's open."

Mila raised her eyebrow. "Okay, and?"

"Shit." Waelynn cursed and ran past Mila. Mila, shaking, glanced out the window and squinted through the night. She scanned for what Waelynn saw until it became too clear. Lizzy red jacket was on the ground, a large slash in the back of it. "Lizzy!" Waelynn came into view outside along with Koen and Malory. He rushed and picked up the jacket, scanning the woods wildly.

"Fuck!" He yelled out. In that moment it became too real to all of them that their friend was missing and they weren't alone in those woods.