Dead by Daylight [Part Four]

2:30AM, 4 Hours to Sunrise

Mila and Waelynn ran through the forest never looking back. They were both exhausted, scared, and desperate. They each have watched the ones they loved die. Ripped apart from them so easily. Only hours ago, the five friends were all in the Jeep, singing, laughing, enjoying their time. But now, three of them are dead leaving Mila and Waelynn to fight for their survival.

The trees whizzed past both of them in a blur. Their only thoughts were focused on making it back to the Jeep and finding a way to get out of here. "Don't slow down!" Waelynn yelled behind him. Mila kept up the pace and followed behind him. She made sure her footing was correct and jumped over every log that was in her way.

"I see the Jeep!" They sped up their pace and found themselves on the dirt road on which the Jeep was parked as they left it. Waelynn got into the driver's side and Mila rushed to the passenger side. The keys were luckily still in the ignition so Waelynn gave them a twist in the ignition and suddenly the Jeep came to life.

Mila sighed in relief. "Thank God. We have to get out of here, tell the police or something!" Waelynn nodded in agreement and put the Jeep into reverse. He glanced into the rearview mirror and his eyes went wide.

Mila noticed. "Waelynn? What's wrong?" She turned in her seat and looked out the back window. "No." She whispered. The figure was back, axe in hand. He began walking towards the Jeep.

"Back up!" Mila yelled. Waelynn pressed on the gas. The figure didn't move and was hit with the Jeep. The Jeep rolled over the body and Waelynn stopped once the figure was in view laying on the dirt ground.

"Is he dead?" Mila leaned forward, the body was still.

"I... I don't know." Waelynn opened the door and began to get out. Mila placed a hand on his arm and stopped him. He looked back at her.

She shook her head. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying, he noticed. "Please don't. We can just leave, get help. You don't need to do this."

Waelynn sighed and looked back at the body. "Mila." He whispered.

She looked too but this time there was no body. "Waelynn, get in." Mila urged him. He yanked himself out of her grip.

"Stay in the Jeep. If anything happens, get help, okay?" He didn't wait for her to answer. Instead, he closed the door and stepped in front of the Jeep. Mila climbed over to the driver side and looked out of the window for any sign of the figure.

She watched as Waelynn crouched where the figure once was. He looked around for a moment before standing back up. He turned towards Mila and shrugged. Mila saw something move behind him. Her face flushed and she saw it. "Behind you!" She called out and pointed. Waelynn turned and then his body went limp and he fell to the ground.

Mila bawled in horror as she saw the scene of yet another friend of hers dying. The axe was embedded into Waelynn's chest. The figure stepped out of the darkness, his laughter echoed throughout the woods. Mila's shaky hands took their place on the steering wheel and her foot stomped on the gas. She pulled the Jeep out of the dirt path, her vision blurry from crying, and onto the main road.