Dead by Daylight [Part Two]

8:27PM, 10 Hours to Sunrise

Waelynn clutched Lizzy's jacket from the ground and darker red splotches on it. His face paled and the jacket fell to the ground. "We need to find her." He didn't wait for anyone to answer and he took off suddenly into the woods.

Koen turned to the two girls. "You two stay here, just in case Lizzy manages to get back." Malory nodded and wiped her tears away. He turned to Mila and kissed her quickly. "I love you." He took off after Waelynn leaving the two girls alone.

"Come on," Mila headed for the cabin. "We need to search for something that we can use to defend ourselves." The two of them scavenged the kitchen drawers for a simple weapon to use but it had been wiped clean of anything.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" Malory's chest rose rapidly with tears streaming down her face. "We're so dead!" Mila slammed a drawer shut in frustration and anger.

"Shut up!" She yelled at her sobbing friend. "We are not dead, okay? We are going to make it out of here alive, so stop crying and help look for a weapon!" Mila may have sounded tough, but, in reality, she too believed they wouldn't make it to see sunrise.

Mila headed into the entry hall and past the stairs that led to the second floor. "What are we looking for?"

Mila wasn't sure herself. Most cabins have a cellar or basement of sorts for storage she had hopped this one had one. She rounded the corner and came to a door. "Think this leads to the basement?" Mila asked and twisted the knob flinging the door open. The musty air hit her immediately.

Her eyes were already adjusted to the darkness, so she spotted the light switch immediately. She prayed it worked before she flipped it. At first nothing, then the lights fluttered on down below her. She turned and looked at Malory who gave her the go ahead.

Reluctantly, Mila went down the steps followed by Malory. "God it smells horrible in here." Malory scrunched her face and took the last step carefully. The upstairs may have been spotless, but the basement was a disaster. Boxes, cobwebs, and appliances.

"Did the owners move everything they own down here or something?" Mila waved her hand in front of to catch any cobwebs. "Search some boxes, see if there's anything we can use." Malory nodded and search through boxes by a cooler.

Mila went further in and heard something. It was quiet, but she heard it. "Mal, do you hear that?" She turned and Malory was still rummaging. She didn't hear her.

Mila sighed and brushed the sound off. Probably wind. She knelt down to the ground and pulled out a tool box from between two boxes. She unlatched it and opened it. "Bingo." She reached inside for a hammer but heard a distinct whimper. Slowly she stood and glanced in the direction of the whimper.

"Hello?" She whispered. She heard it again, but it came from the other side of the wall. "Malory!" She shouted and began searching for a way to the other side. Malory rushed to his side in a panic.

"Are you okay?" She huffed out.

Mila nodded and kept searching. "There's a door somewhere, help me find it, I think someone is on the other side of the wall."

Malory understood and help Mila clear the boxes from the wall. "Shit, I think I see a light." Malory threw another box out of the way until the doorway came clear.

They stood beside each other, preparing themselves for what might be on the other side. "We're coming in." Mila spoke through the door and pulled on the handle. The rood was flooded with a red light causing both girls to squint.

Mila stepped in first and let out a loud shriek. Inside the room was a horrifying sight. Blood splatter on the wall, floors, everywhere. In the center of the room were five meat hooks hanging from the ceiling. All of the were unoccupied except for one.

"Lizzy!" Malory pushed past Mila to help Lizzy. Lizzy she her head no and attempted to speak but only blood sputtered out. Mila notice why she was shaking and tried to stop Malory.

"Mal! No!" She reached out for her but it was too late.

"Ah! Fuck!" Malory fell to the ground, pain rushed through her body as the bear trap clamped shut on her ankle. "Fuck! Mila!" She cried out and tried desperately to get the trap off. Mila, in a panic, rushed to help her friend.

"How do we get this off!" Mila ran shaky hands through her hair as she took note of the damage. Mal's food was a mangled mess, there would be no way she could walk on her own even if they got her out.

Suddenly the light in the other room went out and a loud screeching noise rang out. "He's..." Lizzy spat out blood again as she attempted to warn her friends.

"Fuck." Mila knew that whatever, whoever, was coming wasn't going to be good. Malory began crying.

"Please, don't leave me." She sobbed and worked desperately to get the trap off of her.

Mila had to make a decision and quick. She glanced around the room and spotted a window. She got off from the ground, her hands now bloody, and rushed to the window. She tried to push it open but it wouldn't budge. She had to break it if she wanted to get out. She rushed back to Malory and grabbed the hammer she had set down. "I'm so sorry, I'm going to get help for you two, I promise."

With that, she left her friends crying and in immense pain. She ran back to the window, covered her face, and with one blow with a hammer the window shatter. She threw the hammer down and tore off her jacket from her waist. She brushed the glass off and used the jacket for assistance. She pulled herself up into the window and crawled out into the grass.

She was almost out when something snagged her leg. She whipped around and saw a white mask staring back at her, blood splatters on the mouth. "No!" She kicked and screamed at the figure trying to break free from its grasp. "Help!" She yelled into the night as she was pulled back through the window.

"Mila!" She heard Koen's voice behind her and she yelled again. Waelynn and Koen rushed to her side. "Shit, Mila!" She held out her arm and the two boys helped her.

"Let go of her fucker!" Waelynn grabbed a piece of broken glass from the ground and shoved it into the masked figure. He let go of Mila's leg allowing Koen to pull her out.

Mila crawled in the grass and collapsed on her chest. "Come on baby, we need to go before he comes out here!" Koen pulled her up and assisted her.

"Where's Lizzy!" Waelynn rushed to her side.

"Lizzy? Aren't you worried about Mal?" Mila was shaking, her voice was weak. Waelynn looked confused and then nodded. "They're both inside. He's got them." She sobbed.

"God dammit." Waelynn rushed to the front of the cabin. "You two make it back to the jeep, I'm going to get Lizzy!" He rushed back inside, while Koen and Mila trekked through the woods and back to the Jeep.

mU7\: