Dead by Daylight [Part Three]

9:27PM, 9 Hours to Sunrise

"Lizzy! I'm coming or you!" Waelynn hollered from the kitchen as he searched desperately for a weapons.

"Fuck!" He slammed the last drawer shut in anger. He leaned against the counter, nostrils flaring, breathing heavy.

The eery sound of wood creaking came from behind. Waelynn jumped out of the way just in time as the figure brought the axe down into the counter, missing Waelynn by just an inch.

Waelynn stormed off as the figure pulled the axe from the counter. Waelynn was met with a choice: he could easily go through the front door and escape then, or he could go upstairs and find somewhere to hide.

He chose the latter when he once again heard the footsteps nearing him. Quickly he made his way up the stairs praying desperately that the wooden steps wouldn't make a sound.

He ran a hand through his swear soaked hair and examined the hallway. There was practically no where to hide except for the bedroom where he and Mila noticed the open window. He ran into the room and closed the door, making sure it didn't make a sound as it closed.

Frantically he examined the room and noticed a wardrobe. He pulled open the door to the wardrobe and gagged from the sight. Malory's lifeless body was left on the bottom, her blue, dead eyes looking up at him.

"Oh, Malory..." A tear strolled down his cheek, but he had no time to waste as the footsteps grew nearer. He forced himself inside the wardrobe with Mal's body and shut the door behind him. He covered his mouth, careful not to make a sound.

He heard the door to the bedroom creak open and a jolt of fear shot through his body. More tears streamed down his face. He was going to die, there was no stopping it.

"Hurry, Mila!" Koen yelled behind him as he pushed tree branches away from his face. He heard the desperate panting from his girlfriend, but they couldn't stop. Not if they wanted to die, and they both didn't.

Mila appeared behind him and stopped. She needed to rest, she needed to breathe, even if they were being chased. "Why did we leave them behind, Koen?" Mila took another deep breath. "They're our friends, and we just left them to die."

Koen balled his hands into fists and released his anger by punching the closest thing to him. A tree. "Dammit!" He held his hand close to his chest.

Mila watched him, scared. She'd never seen Koen act like this. But then again, how are you supposed to act when a killer is chasing you? "Are you alright?" She stepped up to him and gently took his hand. His knuckles were bleeding but he could still move his fingers. Nothing was broken.

"I'm so sorry, Mila. I never should've pushed everyone to come on this trip. If we would've just stayed home and gone to the beach, none of this would've happened."

Mila frowned and pulled Koen to him. "This is not your fault, Koen. Don't say that. We're all here because we wanted to be." He couldn't help but still believe it was all his fault.

A branch broke behind them breaking them up. Koen glanced behind Mila and his eyes went wide. "Run!" He pulled Mila behind him just in time. Mila fell to the ground and watched as her boyfriend was met with a deadly fate. The axe went right through his neck, disconnecting his head from his body. "Koen!" She yelled out in agony as her boyfriends blood spilled across her and the forest floor.

"No!" She cried out and pushed herself to her feet. The figure let out a cold laugh and raised his bloody axe again. She jumped out of the way as the axe met Koen's abdomen, completely separating his body in half.

Mila, still horrified by the scene, took off running through the forest blindly as tears streamed down her face. Branches hit her left and right but she continued on through the trees running for her life. Mila stumbled over her feet and fell face first into a patch of mud. She attempted to crawl away but she was grabbed.

She grabbed handfuls of mud as she tried desperately to stop herself, but it was no use. She let out a loud, howling scream before the butt of the axe connected to her head and her world went black around her.

Waelynn tried to force the chains off of his body, but he was shackled to the wall. His body pinned. "Lizzy?" He whispered across the room. Lizzy was still hanging from the meat hook, barely alive.

She made a groaning noise. She was still alive and Waelynn was happy about that. He was going to get her out.

The door on the other side of the room made a noise and then opened. The figure appeared in the room, a body over his shoulders. Mila.

"Let her go!" Waelynn fought against the shackles but it was no use. The figure slumped the body to the ground and Mila's body lay there, blood trickling from her forehead.

"What do you want from us!" He spat out suddenly. The figure twisted his head towards Waelynn and gave a sinister smile from behind his mask. He walked over to him in a smooth stride and grabbed Waelynn by the neck.

The blade of the axe pressed against his stomach. Waelynn felt the blood trickle down to his thigh. He fought and fought, but it was no use.

Finally, he let Waelynn go by the neck and he took deep breaths to regain oxygen. "You fucking bastard." Waelynn spit on the figures mask, but he didn't flinch. Instead, he laughed and walked over to Lizzy, axe swinging.

"Don't you fucking hurt her you sick son of a bitch!" The harder Waelynn tried to escape the shackles, the more tired he grew and the more blood he felt trickle.

Lizzy bobbed her head. She was already almost dead. With the amount of blood loss, there was no saving her. "Please..." Blood spilled from her mouth. The figure shook his head and took her chin into his hand.

At first, Waelynn thought he'd let her go. But, he was wrong. With one swift move, the axe went through her torso, completely separating her body. "No!" Waelynn cried out and watched helplessly as her guts hung from her abdomen, blood spilling on the floor.

Mila fluttered her eyes open to see the gruesome scene unfold in front of her. Struggling, she got up from the ground and glanced around. She spotted the hammer she used to break open the window earlier. Waelynn spotted her and shook his head to tell her to get it. Carefully, she stepped towards the hammer. "Mila!"

Waelynn yelled to warn her, but it was too late. The hammer was knocked out of her reach. She looked up to see the figure towering above her. He raised his axe but she jumped out the way. The axe came down on the stone floor, the figure was left dazed. She kicked the axe out of his hands and pushed him to the side. "Mila, hit the shackles!"

She grabbed the axe and ran towards Waelynn. The axe was heavy in her hands, but she was still able to swing the axe onto the shackles. "Hurry! Waelynn yelled when she broke the second shackle. She broke the third one when Waelynn yelled again.

"Behind you!" She swung the axe behind her but the figure pushed her down. The axe went flying out of her hand and next to Waelynn. With his free hand, Waelynn grabbed the axe and shattered the last shackle.

Mila was pinned on the ground, the figure choking her. The axe was brought down onto the figure, causing him to loose his grip on Mila's neck.

Waelynn took Mila's hand and together the escaped through the window.

"They're dead." Mila wrappers arms around herself and Waelynn took her into his arms.

"We're going to get out of here, where's Koen?"

Mila stepped away and choked on her tears. "He's dead."