Chapter 4: Echo

Months have passed as The Shield ran the competition into the ground. They were unstoppable. Almost every living soul in the WWE universe knew them, and loved them for being the big dogs of WWE. Triple H, a man in a powerful position with his lovely, but slick wife Stephanie McMahon, has been eyeing one of the members of The Shield. Triple H sat back in his chair and sighed. He had called in Seth Rollins to discuss some big business matters.

"Afternoon Seth." He said as he held out his hand for a handshake.

"Sup. What do you want?" He crossed his arms and sniffled. He didn't really like Triple H, especially having this much power in this position just because he married the CEO's daughter.

"Okay. Well, I wanted to talk you because I have big business deals I want to strike with you."

Seth squinted his eyes and readjusted himself in the chair. "...Go on."

Triple H smiled. "I was thinking maybe, I don't know, you leaving The Shield to be my protégée and have unbelievable chances at championship gold, and be the best in the business."

Seth bolted up and slammed his hands down onto the table. "No! Are you fucking crazy?! We are white fucking hot right now!!" Seth groaned and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Seth, look, I know it sounds difficult on the front white, but think about the chances you can get with this! Think about the fame, and the money!"

"No, think about the ass whooping you're gonna get if you try and break us up! We are brothers, and we don't ditch each other! Besides, there is nothing that you can offer me that I can't get on my own..."

Triple H squinted his eyes and slowly stood up. "Seth...being a tag team champion isn't gonna last forever, and neither is The Shield.  You're gonna have to go solo at some point..."

Dean was backstage in the dining area. He was chowing down on a hotdog and some macaroni salad. Roman walked up behind him and clapped his back, making him gag. "Sup Dean." "UGAH! Roman, what the fuck?!" He smiled and held up his hands. "Sorry. Hey, you seen Seth at all today?" Dean slowly swallowed and looked at Roman. "Naw man. I've been blowing him up since this morning." Roman sighed and wiped his face in frustration. "Fuuuck. We have a match tonight too..." Dean smirked and chewed some more of the hotdog. "Who we got tonight? The Uso's and Dolph Ziggler? We got this..."

All through out the night, Seth still didn't show up anywhere. Not even at the arena. They easily beat the three and headed back to the hotel. Dean was getting a headache though, and Roman's shoulder was feeling a little sore. Dean walked him to his room and opened the door. He pulled out his phone and dialed Seth's number.

"Hello?"

"Seth, where the hell were you tonight? You've been gone all day."

"Oh, I was handling some business. It was important and I had to finish it today. I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow at McDonalds, around 2 o' clock."

Dean sighed and nodded his head behind the phone. "Yeah, we'll be there." He hung up the phone and shoved it in his pocket. "What'd he say?" Roman asked as he put icy hot on his right shoulder. "Said something about handling business. He wants us to be at the McDonalds here by the hotel tomorrow at 2." He sighed and nodded his head. "Yeah, just come and get me. This damn shoulder is killing me..."

The next morning, Dean woke up with a killer headache. He took a cold shower and put on his usual outing outfit. He left the room and headed to Roman's. He knocked on the door and watched the door open, cologne wafting into his nose. "Damn Ro, how much cologne did you put on?" He smiled and left the room, closing it behind him. "Just enough. It only took two sprays before I died in there." he joked.

They made their way to McDonalds and ordered some sandwiches before they sat down. Roman had his shoulder wrapped up lightly with a medicinal fabric, occasionally used to treat sores and bruises. They looked around and found Seth sitting, on his phone smiled down at it. Dean quickly walked over there, the other close behind him. He sat down in front of him and cleared his throat.

"Seth."

He looked up from his phone and clicked it off. "Oh, sup.  You're here. Got yourself something to eat?" 

Roman sat next to Dean and nodded his head. "Yeah, we did." Seth leaned over and looked at his shoulder. "Hey, what happened to your shoulder?" "Uso's and Ziggler." Seth nodded and sat back. "Damn. Sorry. Well, like I said yesterday, I had  business to handle." Dean rubbed the side of his temple and groaned. "What business did you 'handle'?" Seth cleared his throat. "Uh, I...I had sex with my girl last night..." he lied. Roman and Dean both looked up at him and looked as if they were going to murder him. "That was your 'business'?" Dean asked. He nodded his head and smiled, holding out his hand. "Yeah man! I knocked her silly!" Dean and Roman got their food and stood up. "What? What's wrong?" "You're an idiot." Roman remarked.  They left him there at the table and grumbled as they walked out. Seth waited until they left and smiled to himself. "Thank god." He picked up his phone and called Triple H.  "Hello? Hey, remember what you said about solo careers? Well I'm in..."