Chp 5

Kestra

I'm inside of Hearty's restaurant praying for patience and serenity. Agreeing to meet with Jamarcus was a mistake. A huge mistake. He still only cares about himself and is trying to get into my business about whom I'm dating.

"Kestra you know I still want you, baby. Will you give me another chance?"

"Jamarcus, are you going to pay child support for Kestephan or not? If you have no intention of taking care of our son, just let me know so I can go home." He's trying to make this conversation about himself. I should have known that he had no intention of caring about Kestephan.

"Come on, baby don't be like that. I know that kid isn't mine!" Did he just say Kestephan is not his? Bullshit, I don't have time to put up with this. I should have known he wasn't going to change, that is what I get for trying to see the good in others. A part of me was hoping Kestephan will have a relationship with his father, but I guess it's not meant to be.

I got up from my chair and walked out. I heard Jamarcus calling my name, but I just ignored him. He isn't worth my time. Am I so naïve to think that a man who wants full control over my body and mind, will care about a child he never wanted in the first place? Someone looking in will say our relationship was toxic. If they only knew that toxic was an understatement of who Jamarcus is. I was already halfway home when I was pulled into a dark corner between two buildings. Before I could scream I was turned around so I could see my attacker's face.

My eyes widened in fear when Jamarcus placed a knife at my throat while he raised my dress. I can't die now, I can't leave my baby behind. I need to stay alive to see Kestaphan's face again. He's going to rape me. He did it in our relationship whenever he wanted to dominate my body.

Jamarcus pushed me against the wall so I was facing it. I heard when his pants fell on the ground. He grabbed my hair roughly making me gasp in pain, Jamarcus moaned at the sound of my pain. He grabbed my hair tighter until it felt like my scalp was on fire. I refused to give him the satisfaction to see me cry no matter how much it hurts.

"Do you remember when I used to grab your hair while I was inside of you? We had great memories together Kestra especially when I was enjoying your body. I will teach you a lesson to never walk away from me. Since you don't believe in abortion, I'll breed you to make sure this seed is mine." Why is he doing this?

"Jamarcus please do not do this. Why are you hurting me?"

"Because you belong to me. I want to hear you screaming my name like you used to." Jamarcus breathed against my ear. I closed my eyes when he parted my legs. I braced myself for the pain when I heard shuffling behind me. I heard grunts and punching then it stopped. I still have my eyes closed afraid to look.

"Kestra?" My breath caught in my throat. It can't be Devan's voice I'm hearing.

"Kestra it's me, Devan." I started to cry. I can't believe Devan found me like this. I still refused to open my eyes. I felt his hands turn me around slowly.

"Can I hold you?" I gave a slight nod and Devan held me so gently. I cried harder.