Shot Down

I am Toothless. The rarest and most intelligent dragon around, a Night Fury. The two legers-as what I once called them-referred to me as "the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself". I never found out why. Those two legers feared me. They hid when they heard my charge. But they never knew the truth. She took control. She ate us if we didn't satisfy her. And for the longest time I thought that these two legers were nothing but idiotic, prideful animals that loved to kill my kind and see which one was stronger. That is, until I met Hiccup. And the more I got to know this boy, the more I saw how special these people were. But not everything was so good all the time. In fact, most of our adventures were quit scary. Luckily, I quickly learned that as long as Hiccup is there, I have nothing to fear.

                                                                               -Toothless Haddock

                                                                                                oOo

The night was long. A chill danced in the air like a fairy. Pricking and poking at every sleeping flyer as we huddled together in the cave. The only time we were able to leave the cave is when She got hungry. And now She was. Nobody wanted to go. But the fear of being swallowed by this beast got us up and out flying towards the same two legers nest.

'I feel so bad for those two legers,' called out a Deadly Nadder, 'they're just trying to live. And She is making us ruin their lives.'

'Don't feel sorry for them," I called back, 'they're just dumb animals that love to kill us.'

'Well yea but-'

'But nothing,' I interrupted, 'lets just do this and get back to the nest.'

'I don't want to go back,' an old Gronckle said as he flew up beside me,' She's gonna eat me one of these days.'

'Don't say that,' I said sweetly, 'grab a woolie. She seems to like those.' Soon we approached the target. It sat quietly in the dark. Almost invisible, like me. The Monstrous Nightmares, Gronckles, Deadly Nadders, and Hideous Zipplebacks dove down while I stayed above. She tasked me with only destroying the flyer-killing things that the two legers had made. I can't take food, can't show myself, and most importantly, I can't miss. I did as I was told and hit their things each time. Not long after my friends dove down the silence was broken by raging fires and shouting two legers. As I looked down I saw a small two leger come out of his wooden cave. Focus! I have no time to study these dumb animals! I look up and see a fellow Monstrous Nightmare climbing one of the wooden killing things. His body a flame. His head snapped to the left, now to the right. He snaps at something hidden from his flames. It must be a two leger. 'Don't worry!' I shouted, 'I'll help you!' My fire is one of the deadliest of my kind. The chaotic night was filled with the sound of me charging a blast. A 'whistle' is what I once heard a two leger call my charge. Whatever. I released my fire and it rocketed through the cold air before smacking the wooden target. The Monstrous Nightmare took that chance to escape. The wooden thing erupted with fire as the two legers jumped to safety.

'Haha!', I roared,' These animals think their so mighty.' I heard them scream and take cover when my whistle echoed through the air. I saw another flyer-killing thing. I blasted and burned it easily.

'Thanks night,' the Monstrous Nightmare shouted to me over the noise.

'Anything,' I called back. I circled in the sky for a few minutes before I spotted another killing thing. Nobody was around it. Best to destroy it anyway. My whistle filled the silent night and destroyed it. 'I love blasting things,' I told myself. 'These two legers are-hmm...what was-'. Suddenly something smacked my tail fins. It wrapped around my body. I couldn't break free! 'Help!' I shouted as I fell into the forest. I took a quick glance back to see what-or who-shot me down. I could barely see it. What!? It's that little two leger I saw leave that wooden nest. He knocked me out of the sky? Impossible! There's no way he could of! Just as the trees began to blocked my view I saw my Monstrous Nightmare friend climb up and over the cliff. Ah yes, I thought, kill him. I smacked and toppled over the trees as I got closer and closer to the ground. And then...