The Calm Before the Storm....It's Not So Calm

That night, the one where I was declared a traitor to Her, Hiccup told me that he might not be able to come tomorrow. I was confused. He'd never missed a day. What was so important? Whatever the reason, the day came. And it was booooring! While waiting to see if Hiccup would show up I walked around the Cove about five times, ran around the pond acting like a Tiny Tooth (that's a baby dragon for those who don't know), and I laid fat on my tummy in about every spot I could. Ugh, come on Hiccup! I feel the need for flight, and I can't do it without you! I sighed. Maybe a nap will speed up time, it always seems to do that. I warmed the earth beneath me and curled up. I still remember the dream I had.

I was flying, on my own like I use to. Joy filled every inch of my body. "Woooo!" I heard in front of me. What is that? It looks like another Night Fury. But it-wait...what!? Hold the eel a second! Th-Th-That's a human! But...they can't fly! What in the name of dragon is going on!? Then the human turned his head and looked at me. I gasped, 'Hiccup? How in the world...' I stopped asking questions when I saw the smile in his green eyes. His face was hidden behind his...mask-like helmet(?), but those warm, adventurous green eyes repelled the helmet's dark colors and filled me with energy so wild I could barely contain it! My lips gave way to the biggest smile I've ever given. My tongue hung from my mouth and flapped in the wind like paper. Then my eyes were drawn to the clouds (new word for me). They shined with unnatural beauty. It felt like time slowed down. It was as if the clouds spoke to me. It was time to get out of the dark and let the truth be known. Everything was uphill form now on.

But then, out of nowhere, thunder exploded with such a force that if I was on the ground I would of jumped ten feet in the air. Daringly, I glanced back. My heart almost gave out when a dark, seemingly conscience thundercloud rose up from the crevasses of the sea stacks. My breathing became quick and my heart started to race faster than I could fly. I turned back, 'Hiccup!' he continued on,'Hiccup!'

'NIGHT FURY!'

My blood ran cold. I turned back in time to see a gigantic silhouette, darker than the darkest night, manifested within the thundercloud. I know that shape, I fear that shape. 'Hiccup!' I roared in panic,'HICCUP!' But he continued on as if he didn't hear me. And then, from the thunderous cloud She exploded with a fury so hot it pierced my dry, dragony scales. Fear ran wildly through my veins as I instinctively tried to flee. Thunder crashed and lightning streaked the air around us. With every clap of thunder the beautiful clouds turned into a raging inferno, back to clouds, then back to fire, and so on and so forth. Sweat dripped from my scales as I gasped for air. Her roar rippled through the blackening sky and made my nerves stand on end.

The flaps of her wings chorused with the storm, making each clap of thunder sound louder than it truly did. And it was in that moment that I realized that both me and Hiccup were falling! Hiccup's screams came to my ears and shook my heart with fear. Forgetting the roars of Her behind me, I flapped my wings with all my might, praying that I'd reach him in time. And with one last loud and ominous clap of thunder, the clouds disappeared and the fire wrapped around us.

Hiccup's screams continued to echo through my head as I jolt back to consciousness. He was in danger, for real! I jumped to my feet and I ran to the other side of the Cove. I scratched at the wall, adrenaline pumping every muscle in my body. I've never gotten out on my own, but that didn't matter. I had to save Hiccup! My claws raked the rock as I forced myself up, inch by inch. I flung my body at the small opening that I could never reach. I grasped the edge, my breath raspy. Finally, my claws sunk in deep enough for me to hold on. I threw myself over and rolled into the forest. I jumped up and took off in the direction of his village. I attempted to fly so I could get there faster, but I only got a few feet in the air.