New Tail

After that moment with that boy I felt that my whole life before was nothing but darkness. Like, now that the feeling has come, a light had been shinned over me. Showing me things that I would of ever knew was there. I've grown to enjoy this boys presence. He came back every day. But only in the afternoons. Never the mornings. Huh, what's with that? Everyday he came with a new kind of fish. And they all tasted good. Mouth watering good. He'd talk to me, as if he had expected me to listen. And I did, not a first, but I by listening to him chatter away I soon learned a lot about him. This boy really didn't fit in with the others of his kind. He said that his father didn't except him for who is was. That's sad. But, there was one thing I found odd. The boy never talked about his mother. Does he even have a mother? Sometimes when he came to see me I was in the middle of trying to escape. He told me that it was best that I stay here. And that if I go anywhere near his home I'll be spotted by the watchmen and killed. I have no idea what this 'watchmen' is. But if the boy said to stay away from them, then I should. Whoa, whoa, whoa...did I just agree to do what he said?

As the days turned into a full week it seemed that this boy began to stay with me longer and longer. There was one time where he fell asleep by a fire that I had made to keep him warm. I eyed his little study thing, which I've learned is called a 'book'. I carefully pulled it away from him. Exactly what about me has he written down? What on earth is all this? I wondered. All I saw were lines bent and shaped into weird things. Some of them were grouped together. And some of those groups were close together. I turned my attention away from whatever those lines were when I saw a smaller drawing of me. I looked at the boy. The soft light that gently flew from the moon brightened up his patch of fur and his face. That didn't look like a killer to me. I thought back to what my Deadly Nadder friend had said the night I was shot down. 'I feel so sorry for them, they're just trying to live.' Maybe what she was right, all these two legers have just been trying to defend themselves. That's all.

                                                                                           oOo

As another day came in so did my friend. Wow, it'd take a long time to get use to calling him 'friend'. I tried to shake off the last bit of sleepy when I saw him carrying a big, wooden thing. I don't know what it is, but it smelt good. There was a small scent tangled in that made my tummy groan in disapproval. It smelt like...

"Hey Toothless," the boy called out to me. That's another thing I've learned. These two legers have got to name everything! Why? I don't know. But, I guess he calls me 'toothless' because of my disappearing teeth. He started calling my 'toothless' a few days ago. And I've found myself responding to the name. I guess I could get use to it. " I've brought breakfast," he grunted as he slung the big thing over his shoulders and to the ground," I hope your hungry."

When I eyed the fish I noticed that the boy held something rather large in his arms. I did wonder what it was, but I was to hungry to care. I sniffed the fish, wondering which one I'd eat first. "I got some Salmon," he told me," some nice Icelandic Cod, and a whole Smoked Eel."

'Eel!' I growled. I began to back up when the boy reached into the pile and brought out the little devil. 'Get that away from me!' I yelled. Eels are bad for flyers.

"No, no, no!" he reassured, "It's okay." The boy tossed the slimy devil far away from me," Yea I really don't like eel much ether." He wiped his the hand that touched the eel on his coat ( another new word I've learned). I went back to eating the fish that laid out before me. Ohhhhh, so many to choose from! I gobbled up one fish and quickly turned to another. The boy had been completely forgotten. When the fish that laid out from the big wooden thing had been eaten I started sniffing around for more. My tail jumped up with happiness. And-uh, did someone just talk to me? Sounded like that boy. Whatever. There were fish to be eaten! I lowered my head and spotted some fish still hiding at the bottom of the wooden carrier thing that boy brought. I stuck my head in but it seemed that my head is a bit to broad to go all the way through. I still managed to snag 'em. Boy does fish taste so...uh. I lift my head and the wooden carrier drops to the ground. It rolled off and into the pond. There was one fish left inside but a weight on my tail caught my attention. What could possibly be-what the Thor? My wings dropped in shock when I realized that the weight on my tail was that boy. I glanced back and saw that the thing he held in his arms was now attached to my tail. It looked like a tail fin.