Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

"Everyone staring," I exclaimed breathlessly, staring out the front window of his jeep. Everyone was walking past the jeep but stopping when they would see me in the passenger seat. I could literally see their mouths drops in shock, most likely because no one else was ever in his jeep, besides Darragh. If they only knew I was after sleeping in his house, in the bed beside them, it would be the gossip of the week.

He threw his arm across the back of my seat, while staring out directly at the people, as if he was daring them to be more nosey than they already were, "Since when," He started, changing his gaze from out the window to me, "do I care what people do?"

I shrunk back into the seat, suddenly feeling vulnerable, "I know you don't, but I do." I quietly told him. I started fiddling with my fingers loosely, with nerves.

He had a neutral expression on his face, with his jaw clenched as usual. One hand of his was resting casually on his steering wheel, while the other was thrown on the back of my seat. This morning when we got up his mother and sister were nowhere to be found, when I asked about them, he said they had left already for work and school.

"You shouldn't care." He said to me, sparing me a side glance then continuing with his staring competition with everyone that passed, "Whatever you do, it's your business not theirs."

It was true, exactly what he was saying was so true, but sometimes you just can't help and feel like you need the opinion of everyone else, in front of your own. When you actually let the thoughts process, it was a crazy point, it sounded as if you were after losing sanity.

It was just a natural human being characteristic, craving the approval from everyone else when he was right no one else's opinion should matter but your own. We had been sitting here with the last fifteen minutes, all because of me. I was too scared to exit the vehicle because of the prying and questioning everyone would be doing.

"You're going to have to leave the car sometime." He told me, I knew it was true but I was just so scared of everyone. I pulled my sleeves down further, covering up the red marks from everyone, when he all of a sudden exited the vehicle.

"Where are you going?" I shouted after her, subconsciously removing my seatbelt to climb out following in suit. His broad figure was taking long strides towards the entrance door. His leather jacket clung to his sculpted broad build.

Suddenly, he came to a halt, whipped around and gave me a smirk, "To school, are you actually coming?" He asked sarcastically, letting the smirk shine perfectly in my face. I purposely ignored the clang at the pit of my stomach, while selfishly indulging in his striking good looks.

He noticed I was checking him out, and continued to roll his eyes, before he turned around again and went in the direction of the school. I was partially glued in place, not sure whether it was because I was never on speaking terms never mind sleeping terms with a guy, otherwise it was thanks to my outstanding social skills.

Definitely the outstanding social skills, I thought to myself. He walked with such confidence and ease, like he knew there was no chance that I wouldn't be following after him. It was kind of shocking how unlike we were. With each long stride he took, more and more confidence struck out of its cage, even the way he had his hands stuck in the back pockets of his black jeans, it was clear, he was a much laid back person.

Every easy and comfortable step he took making his hands shift slightly in his back pocket. He didn't check if I was behind him, until he reached the door, and briefly shot me a smirk, seeing that I was indeed following on his heels.