Of Engagement and Late night meetings

We started to drive back home. Vikram was asking me what was wrong but I shrugged and told him that it was just a text from home.

I didn't tell him about Mita.

What could I tell him about Mita? That she was a mini Ajji, always hell bent for making everything worse for me. Always taunting and abusing me even in front of people.

I used to always dread her visits. They used to be awful.

Now I was not in the mood to go home.

"I don't want to go home, Vikram" I pouted.

"Then don't go, come to my house"

As tempting as it was "I have to go"

I sank low into my seat.

"You know you can tell me about it right?" He said his eyes still on the road.

"Yeah. I will tell you about it soon. Now I have to make my mind ready for some drama"

He didn't speak anything after that. He kept glancing my way hoping I would tell him something. But I didn't want him to know about this because I knew he would come to defend me and I wanted to fight this battle on my own.

He stopped the car in front of my house. He kneeled in to kiss me but I just playfully slapped his cheeks and ran out laughing.

I knew he would get me for that later.

And as scary as that was, I was looking forward to it.

I was still laughing when I heard the voice which I hated the most.

"Well, well, well. Isn't this little princess getting ready to play house with her Prince."

I looked up and saw her. She looked like a pig. For normal people she would look like a beautiful model but for me, she was a pig. A bad one at that.

I did what I did best, I ignored. I moved past her but words just kept coming out of her mouth.

"Princess dreams of Happy Endings, but poor her, she will always get second hand things"

That ticked me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked now moving towards her.

"Nothing just how some people are fools" She replied flicking her hair. Fake much?

"I always wonder how people tolerate fake bitches who can do anything to get a dìćk" Deepti came out of nowhere and stood besides me.

I imagined if Vikram would have been here, he would have screamed 'Language'.

"Let's go Lila, we have to plan the engagement" Deepti pulled me inside the room.

"You should wait to see what I have planned for that night." Mita shouted behind us.

I didn't give it much of a thought then.

*********

I am absolutely hating it.

The shopping and decorations and food tasting is making me erratic. Of course I have always dreamed of this stuff but doing it is actually boring.

Apart from messages and late night balcony chats I didn't get to meet Vikram. It was making him wacky. His words not mine.

The only intimacy we had these days was me giving him flying kiss. Vikram didn't give me one back because he thinks it is childish.

I avoided Mita at all cost. I hope she dosen't ruin my day. She was always on her phone. I know this is bad but I hope she was planning of ruining somebody else's day and not mine.