Of Jealousy and Burning Clothes

VIKRAM'S POV

After exchanging numbers with Inspector Pandey we parted our ways. Deepti and Shivam went to their house while me and Lila went to ours. We had a hard time convincing Deepti from thinking of hurting Mita.

Deepti was one angry person. Of course anyone could be. Imagine what would I have done if I knew that my father died was murdered and did not die in a car accident.

The scenario was too similar but I quickly dished it out of my mind. I had to clear my head from such thoughts.

I entered my house. Lila called dibs for bath. I wanted to go in with her but I wanted to leave her alone with her thoughts, she have had too much since last few days.

I first thought she would be jealous of my relationship with Megan but she was mature to understand it. I underestimated her.

Did I do that a lot? Underestimate Lila. I was shocked when I saw her leaving our room in Maldives that night. I must confess that I thought she was cheating on me, she was sneaking off to met her lover. Imagine my horror when I saw her enter Markus's room, the rage that I had thinking about another girlfriend of mine cheating on me with a Alfero brother, my bestfriend.

But she wasn't my girlfriend, she was my wife. That doubled the pain. I was going to put a stop on it. Snatch Lila and lock her up in a room and never let her out. Punish her and Love her till she knew who she belonged to.

These caveman ideas of mine made me go hard. Think of something else Vikram, you are not going to get any for the next few days.

I was literally going to burst through the door that day when I heard them talking.

I was so stupid. I should have trusted her. Even during when Vihaan tried to intervene. I didn't trust still Lila put up with me. 

I walked up the stairs, I opened the guest bedroom to see Markus sleeping. I had to tell Mom about Markus being here, she would be so happy. She always had a soft spot for him and it increased after Lucas's death. 

I entered my room to see Lila already sleeping. I took a towel from a cabinet and entered the bathroom. I quickly stripped and stood below the shower. Cold water hit my body. I just stood there. Thinking.

I have to do something but first of all, I need to crack Ajji, she knows something and by the looks of it she was scared of Mita. 

I got out, changed into pyjamas and hit the bed.

****************

I woke up to an empty bed. It was so unlike Lila to wake up early. 

I got up and looked towards the nightstand, there was a note from Lila.

I woke early to help Deepti, we would come back at 12.

I forgot I called Deepti and Shivam to decide what to do about Mita. I looked at the watch, it was 10. 

I quickly changed my clothes and made my way towards the kitchen. I saw mom making some pancakes and talking to Markus  who was sitting on the breakfast table. 

"Oh you are up. Sit down and have some breakfast" She said keeping a heap of pancakes in front of me,"I need to go next door and see if anyone needs any help. I will be back soon" with that she left.

I had my pancakes then me and Markus both went to sit in the living room.

I told him what Inspector Pandey told us. He grew angrier by the second.

"She is doing the same with this Rishi guy, why can't anyone see it" He roared. 

"We don't have anything against her and I don't think he will give her up" I said calmly but I knew with Markus it was of no use.

"Let me go talk to that shit, I will make sure he talks about her"

"And get arrested in the process" I said dryly,"Wonderful that's what we all need"

"Then what are we gonna do? Let her walk free" He said running his hands through his hair.

"No we are going to think of something. Lila, Shivam and Deepti will be here soon. Let's discuss it with them"

"Who is Deepti?" He asked curiously.

"Lila's cousin and Shivam's sister" I said.

We spent rest of the time brainstorming ideas about getting Mita to confess, we knew she wasn't stupid, neither was her father which was making things much more difficult.

After and hour, Lila entered the room with a fuming Deepti besides her. Apparently Lila was just in time for stopping her from burning Mita's clothes. Something about making herself feel good she mumbled.

While me and Lila were trying to calm possessed Deepti, Markus was looking at curiously. His eyes staying on her for a long long time. 

"Who are you?" She barked towards him.

"Markus. It's good to meet you" He said extending his hand.

"Well even this foreigner gets to feel good" She said pointing at Markus,"Then why not me, let me just burn the clothes she wore last week"

I thought Markus would be offended but I looked at him, he seemed amused. He was finding her attractive.

How could anyone find this wild crocodile attractive was beyond me.

But I didn't blame her. This was her own way of numbing the pain. She had lost her father, she knew who was responsible and couldn't do anything about it. 

We were all the same. Trying to get justice for our loved ones.

After few words and a bag of Kit Kats, Deepti finally calmed down.

"I have a plan to trap Mita. It won't be easy but I think it might be successful" I said to both those girls.

"I have a plan too. It might work too" Markus butted in.

"Your plan is ridiculous, it works only in movies" I told him.

"Like your isn't inspired by some bollywood movie" He snapped back. Actually he was half right. 

"I think we should wait for Shivam to decide" Lila said trying ease the atmosphere.

"Yeah, where is he. He said he would join us in minutes. It's been awhile now" Deepti said looking at her wrist watch.

Just then the bell rang.

"That must be him" I said walking towards the door and opening it.

Shivam stood there in front but he was not alone. His face was changing expressions was anger to hurt in seconds. He was trying hard to keep his face neutral.

Behind him were Mita and her dad, Vilas Mehra. 

What the hell were they doing here?

*************************

Yeah what were they?

Please vote and Comment :)

Be Blessed.