Chapter Two

Kayla got out of their large bed and walked into her side of the closet to pick out what she was going to wear at the staff party later that day. She heard Colton get up out of bed and heard the dogs following him into the bathroom. 

"Are you going to come to the party tonight?" Kayla yelled at Colton from across their bedroom. 

"I haven't decided yet," he answered back. Kayla knew he didn't want to go in case Mike was there, but it was so long ago Kayla assumed he would be over it. Kayla walked over to the bathroom and stared at Colton as he brushed his teeth. The black square sinks were perched perfectly on top of the glass countertops with beach rocks lighted blue in it. Kayla loved Colton's design, but couldn't help but see Gabriella's touch in the design. 

"Mike is going to be there, but we are actually married now. Nothing and no one will take me away from you," Kayla said leaning her head against the door frame. 

"Its not that. I just don't like the guy, and if I don't have to be around him then I'm not going to be," Colton said trying to keep the toothpaste in his mouth. 

"I would like you to come with me and support me," she said starting to become frustrated with his stubbornness. Colton rolled his eyes and finished brushing his teeth and looked over at Kayla who was staring at him. 

"Fine, I'll go," he finally said. Kayla smiled at him and left the bathroom with the dogs in tow and let them outside. Colton finished up in the bathroom and went to the closet to change into a suit before going back to the office for the first day after his honeymoon. He walked downstairs and saw Kayla sitting at the kitchen island watching the TV while eating breakfast. Colton walked up behind her and kissed her on the top of the head. She smiled sweetly at him and he ate some of her cereal before walking to the front door.

"I'll see you later tonight then," Colton yelled from the front door.

"See you then," Kayla answered him as she continued to watch the TV. She planned on spending the day walking around the house and looking in every room as she didn't see much of the house the night before. 

She took her cup of coffee, turned off the TV, and let the dogs in as she began to walk around the house. The kitchen was one of the biggest rooms in the house, other than Colton's man cave. It had a large kitchen island that could seat ten comfortably while still having enough room to cook on it. It had large windows, just like the living room and Kayla could see the ocean from the island. She walked out of the kitchen and down the hallway to the right where she saw Colton's large office along with large double doors at the end of the hallway. She hadn't seen what was in the room at the end of the hallway, and her curiosity drove her to open the door. She silently walked towards it and pushed the doors opened. Kayla gasped when she saw what was in the room; it was a library. It was a huge library, and the bookcases were two storeys high. She had never seen anything so large in her entire life. There was a large desk in the middle with a couple of books on it lying open and a large fireplace against the wall with a portrait of Colton and his family when his mother was still alive. 

Kayla walked up towards it as she had never seen any photos of Colton's childhood. They were all smiling in the picture, and it was the first Kayla had ever seen a picture of Colton's mother. They looked very much alike, although Colton had the same icy eyes as his father. But his smile was the same as his mother's and so was his genuine happiness in the photograph. Even Colton's father looked happy. Kayla spent the rest of the afternoon in the library, not realizing that she had not even showered for her party. Colton walked into the library seeing Kayla looking at all of his books and he froze at the door. 

"I didn't know you built a library in here," Kayla said surprised picking up one of the books. Colton nodded and walked slowly towards the table leaving a large space in between them. Kayla was beginning to worry that there was something he wasn't telling her. "Why?"