I've Got To Tell Her

I walked up the hill slowly, not knowing what to expect. Brian must've heard because he called out,

"Anita, if that's you, please go away! And anybody else can shove off as well! Leave me alone!"

I frowned underneath my disguise and came up quietly.

Brian's eyes were closed now, and he was nodding his head to the beat.

I put on my Moroccan accent;

"What is the matter, Brian?"

His eyes snapped open in surprise and he turned slowly.

Oh crap! What if he was mad?!

"I-Am sorry, I will leave now, please..don't be mad"

He pressed his lips together as I stood up.

"No"

He patted the dirt beside him and I sat back down hesitantly.

"No, Kaitlyn, you can stay"

I tilted my head and smiled underneath my veil. He tilted his head as well and looked at my eyes.

"I wish you'd show me your face, I bet you're really beautiful"

Despite myself, and, even though he couldn't see, I blushed. We listened in silence until I brought up a topic I'd been wondering.

"How did you get a cut on your forehead?"

"How did you know I had one?"

He chuckled and my brain scrambled for an answer.

"Oh never mind" He looked back at me, "I'll tell you"

"Ok, thank you" hmm, I wonder if his memory came back at all?

"Well" he started, "one night, a couple of days ago, I was..fighting..with my girlfriend and I bought a bottle of whiskey once she disappeared into our room. I was so drunk, I don't know if it's correct or not, but it must've been 6 or 7 in the morning. I was drunk in the middle of a hallway. Suddenly, I-I see this woman walking down the hall, most beautiful girl ever, and I swear she looks like my last girl; Katie"

My stomach fills with butterflies as his voice says my name. I shift and put my hands on my knees.

"Anyway, I see her coming down the hall, right? And I'm just like; well what the hell? Katie?" He paused to laugh shortly and I gaze at the sky.

"I walk up to her and we end up having breakfast together"

I nod and he looks back at me, seeing if I'm paying attention.

"Then we're walking down the corridor and she stops suddenly-"

His eyebrows come together as he tries to remember.

"And, and I think we kissed and I felt like I was on top of the world. Then I got knocked down and the rest is a blur" he shrugged and I nodded again.

"So..this is how you got the cut?"

"Ya, I guess" he pauses, "weirdest thing though, is that I swear I keep seeing Katie everywhere, boy I miss her. I wish.."

He trails off and I look back at the musicians, they've gone silent, I guess they finished cause the lights are blown out. I stand up and Brian stands as well.

"We should go"

"Ya"

We start walking down the hill and Brian fiddles with his recording machine. I look up again at the starry sky,

"What do you wish Brian?"

He looks up as well

"I wish I knew where Katie was, I wish I knew because I have to tell her"

He pauses and I look over at him, there are tears in his eyes when he says;

"I have to tell her that I still love her"