Who Says

“You made me insecure

Told me I wasn't good enough”

I was stupid to believe him. To believe his lies. He just used me, never loved me. He blinded me with his looks but now I broke free. His lies were behind me and I knew that I was amazing. I loved myself. Finally. It took me long enough.

“You'd like to change about yourself

But when it comes to me

I wouldn't want to be anybody else”

I was me. I was who I was. I never would change. I was born like this and I would die like this. Being myself was the most important thing in my life.

“I'm no beauty queen

I'm just beautiful me”

I wasn’t a beauty queen that’s something I always knew but I was myself. I was born like this and I had to understand that I was pretty. If I believed everyone else would see. I would be able to show them that looking good, being a bleach-blonde Barbie wasn’t all. The most important thing was being yourself.

“Who says you're not perfect

Who says you're not worth it”

People often told me I was strange, not acting like I should and I tried to listen even if it was stupid. Nobody’s perfect, no one on this whole wide world could be perfect. It was just impossible to be perfect for someone else. You could always be perfect to yourself.

“It's like a work of art

That never gets to see the light”

I knew I was beautiful when I just believed in myself and showed the world that I did so. Wearing make-up or the clothes that stars would wear was the wrong way. Every human was a masterpiece of an incredible artist but some didn’t realize and didn’t let themselves see how beautiful they could be. You just had to believe in yourself and you would always stand in the spotlight, smiling and looking as beautiful as you are.

“You've got every right

To a beautiful life”

Everyone should just live his life like he or she wants. It’s not something others are to decide about. Every single human has the right to a beautiful life. It’s something no one can forbid you. You just have to believe in yourself and your going to be perfect.

“Who says you're not pretty

Who says you're not beautiful”

Whenever he told me I wasn’t pretty I got insecure but now I know that he needed to make me insecure so I stayed with him. I would’ve noticed what a jerk he was before but he always told me I wasn’t pretty enough to ever find someone else and I believed him. I was dumb and naïve but now I know that. Now I’m who I am and I see that I’m beautiful.

And that’s something he’s gonna understand after tonight. After I walked down the red carpet. I believed in myself and now I’m here. At the premier of my first movie. I’m never going to let someone pull me down again. These people standing there and loving me for what I did, showing me I was beautiful. Even if he always told me I wasn’t.

_____________________________________________________________________________

okay so I didn't write a story for a long time so I decided to do one now^^ it took me like forever to find good lyrics but i guess it's worth it^^ Okay, so this is a bit different to the other stories before, it's more the 'you can be everything you want' type and well, it's more text than usual.

I'm normally not really a fan of Selena Gomez but this song is just amazing and I love it for its text... okay so that's it from me^^ I'm gonna go and write something for another story :D