Better Believe In Your Dreams

Soooo... until now I only wrote short stories inspired by songs but yeah... I kinda wrote this to practice a bit so here we go: A (slightly horror-like) short story^^ Oh, and if you wonder why there aren't mistakes in there: I showed it to my english teacher who gave it to our native speaker and he corrected it for me so yeah... it shouldn't have any mistakes anymore^^ Oh, and fyi the paragraphs are quite long this time and well... I hope it's not a problem but when I wrote it first I wasn't thinking about uploading it and well... I wrote it like this^^

P.S.: I'm gonna write some more short stories now and upload them later^^

.....::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.....

He suddenly screamed out loud. His hands were frantically trying to get hold of something but he wasn’t able to grip anything. He felt how the soft ground he was lying on faded away. His body crashed down on the wooden floorboards.

Brian Knight rubbed his head. He fell out of bed again! And this time he had even hit his head on the hard oak he was sitting on now. Why did this keep happening to him? He had been having nightmares for quite some time now and every single night when he had this strange dream he fell out of his bed. What the hell was wrong with him? Why did he keep on dreaming this stupid, annoying dream?

He was running through the hallways of Oakridge High. He didn’t know why he was running he only knew that he had to. He was panting heavily and sweat trickled down his neck, making him shiver. Whoever, no, not whoever, whatever was after him was scaring him nearly to death.

He looked around helplessly, trying to find a familiar face in the crowd standing around him. There was not one person he knew. They all were wearing masks.

Suddenly he stopped running, too exhausted to go any further. He turned around to face the thing behind him. It looked like a girl except that it was wearing masks all around its head. It stopped right in front of him and hissed ‘No one’s what they seem! No one’s what they seem! She’s got a shrine! She’s got a shrine! She’s gonna die! She’s gonna die!’ Then he started running again, right into a black hole that was feeding on the corridor and the people around him. The black holes teeth pushing in his flesh.

 He shook his head to make the nightmare go away. He should stop thinking bout it. It was just a dream.

Brian got up and walked over to his wardrobe with the huge mirror to take a look at himself. His nut-brown, chin-long hair was clutched to his forehead by sweat and his usual bright and happy shining leaf-green eyes were hunted. And the rings under his eyes didn’t make it much better. Well, that’s what you get from not getting enough sleep for a week or two. His sharp facial features were defined by even darker shadows than those under his eyes. This dream was really drawing all his energy out of him.

Brian sighed before he moved a hand through his hair, loosening it a bit, and walking over to his bathroom. Usually he didn’t take a shower in the morning but he honestly couldn’t show up like this at Oakridge. He was quite popular and that meant he always had to look good. It was some secret rule at Oakridge.

After Brian got out of the shower he risked another look at himself in the bathroom mirror. He looked better now. The cool water had refreshed him and the shadows that made his face look so haunted were nearly gone. After he had breakfast they surely were completely gone again.

Brian walked out of the bathroom, a towel loosely knotted around his hips, and searched through his clothes, which were lying in a pile in a corner of the room. He decided on a green shirt that matched his eyes quite well, black skinny jeans and a black leather jacket. Combined with his sneakers it looked quite amazing on him.