Gale's Bow.

Peeta's POV;

"Why I never!" A shrill Capitol accent sings from our open oak door. "What in the world is going on?" I turn and see Effie watching us with a look of disgust on her face. Katniss and I exchange and look before we take off towards her. She backs up as fast as she can in her heels, but ends up smashing into Haymitch.

"Whoa there!" He says as he wraps an arm around her waist steadying her. Katniss's eyes go huge and she makes a funny face at them.

"Well I never." Katniss sings mocking Effie's Capitol tone. "What in the world?"

"Can it sweetheart." Haymitch shushes her before walking to out refrigerator.

"No Haymitch!" I shut the door. "We're eating in under an hour. Have a snack." I point to the bananas.

"I was trying to have a snack!" He defends himself.

"Eat a banana Haymitch." I say irritated. I look to Katniss. "Would you like to get a shower?" I ask her quietly.

"That sounds amazing." She nods and Haymitch gives me a sideways look.

"Behave." He mouths to me. I nod and then lead a flour and egg covered Katniss to the bathroom.

"Can I pick your clothes?" She asks giddily.

"Only if I can pick yours." She nods leaving a small kiss on my lips before we go to each other's dressers. I pick out a forest green knit sweater with a pair of khaki pants. She'll look stunning in anything I pick, even a trash bag.

I run the water and make it warm. I get two fluffy towels and place them on the sink to wait for us. "You coming?" I ask peeking my head around the door.

"Yeah, go ahead and get in. I'll be in there in a second." She's in the middle of taking off her shirt when she speaks not even looking towards me. I remove my clothes and catch a glimpse of my torso in the mirror above the sink. Scars line my body and chest as I look at myself. My skin is darkened and in different spots it's filled with cuts. I feel a soft hand on my left pec and she outlines the scars I have with her fingertips. "Your so handsome Peeta." She whispers looking at us in the mirror.

"How could you love someone as broken as me?" I ask quietly a single tear falling.

"We're both broken Peeta." She whispered wiping away the tear I shed. "But we keep each other grounded. Your the best person I know and that's why I love you."

"Katniss, the cameras are off. You don't have to lie. I want to know the truth." I whisper.

She turns me towards her. "Haven't I made it clear already I'm truly, deeply, and utterly in love with you?" She asks me. I nod but she still sees the pain in my eyes. "In the first games, I did what it took to keep us alive, you know that. But during the victory tour, when you held me the first time during a nightmare. I truly felt something, I knew I needed to be with you."

We stand there for a while before either of us speaks. And this time it's her. "We should get in the shower before the water gets cold." I nod in agreement and let her in first. My eyes wander over her and she blushes. Gently I push her against the shower walk and she leans her head back.

"Your beautiful." I whisper into her ear.

"M-My scars." She chokes out.

"You are brave Katniss."

"I'm a killer." She tells me.

"You've done so much for Panem." I kiss her lips gently. "I'm so proud of what you've become."