Butcher's Knife.

I wake in the morning, shivering. I reach my hand across the bed and feel that Peeta's gone. The bed is cold so I know he's been gone for a while. I stand, and stand still for a few seconds; waiting for the sudden need to throw up. But it doesn't come, I sigh relieved and peek my head in the nursery. I smile knowing in a year there could be two more cribs in there, Rye could be an older brother.

I find Rye's also gone, not laying in his crib, I turn to look around. My eyes travel to the window first, I quickly find it's locked tight.

"Peeta!" I call from upstairs.

My mind instantly switches to a bad place. He left, he took my child and left me. He abandoned me here, with no one. "Peeta!" I scream angrily. I take a knife from our room before rushing back to the hallway. "GET OUT HERE YOU COWARD!" I screech. I smash my fist into the wall, leaving a small indent in it.

My feet carry me down the carpeted steps and I find him with a child in his arms sitting at the table. "Hey." He shows his black teeth.

"You left me." I spit.

"What?" He asks. "No I didn't. I was downstairs. I had to feed Rye." He says listing his excuses. He steps closer to me and I get two good hits on his face and stomach.

"Stop." I snarl. "Your lying."

He looks at me his face painted serious. I smile seeing the blood dribble down his face where I punched him.

Peeta's POV;

"Stop." She spits. "Your lying." She sits down on the floor, facing towards me her back against the wall. She pulls a butchers knife from underneath her, as her eyes dig into my skull.

"Hey, your okay." I whisper, Rye looks up at me sitting in his height-chair. I stupidly take another step towards her. Stop. I tell myself, look where that got you last time. I step back, and she makes a weird gurgling noise. "Hey Katniss, have you taken your medicine today?" I ask already knowing the answer to my question.

"Hey, Katniss. Why don't you stay here and I'll go get it." I say calmly.

"No!" She gasps. "You could be going to get something to hurt me with!"

"Well okay then, come on." I say, we walk up the stairs. I feel terribly scared knowing she has a butcher knife with her. "This medicine will make all the pain go away." I tell her handing her two of them and an anxiety pill.

She takes them and stares are me in the eyes, her pupils dilating and contracting. I can't tell if it's worked yet, so I grab her wrists and kiss his lips. She doesn't pull away, doesn't try to stop me. She leans into me and moans, that's when I know she's back. She pulls back and shrieks. "Did I do that?" She questions.

"Yeah, but it's fine. It doesn't hurt. You just hit the bone." I shake my head. "Can I have the knife?" I whisper looking to her hands.

"Where did I get this?" She asks with wide eyes, I shake my head slipping it from her hands.

"I don't know, you came downstairs with it and tried to hurt me." Her eyes flicker to me quickly. "You didn't though, I just brought you to get your medicine."

"I'm sorry." She whispers hugging me.

"Hey, it's okay. That's what I'm here for, to help you."

"But I hurt you." She whimpers rubbing her thumb over the broken skin on my cheek.

I scoff. "You really think you hurt me?" She looks at me longer. "You didn't hurt me baby, I promise."

"Okay." She says.