Chapter 12

I wake up at 1 am with Archie crying,I go into the twins room and lean over Archie's cot and tickle him, I put my finger over my lips,and put the covers over him and go out the room. I go back to my bedroom,and hop into my bed trying not to wake Toto,I lie down and try to sleep,but I cant sleep. I grab my phone and look on my Instagram "15 comments and 132 likes" I murmur to myself,as I go through all my feed and reply to a few comments,and then watch youtube.

My alarm clock beeps at 7:00 and I get out of bed,put my phone in my school bag,change into some jeans and a white crop top. I go into the twins room and find my mum sorting out there sheets,whilst Archie,Austin and Oscar are eating in there high chairs. "Morning mum" I say happily "Morning sweetheart,your vans are in the wash,so you will have to where your Nike today" My mum replies "Okay" I leave the room and go down the stairs,I fill up Toto's water bowl and grab a cereal bar from the fridge. I put my Nike on,and head out the door. I see Sam,walking in my direction an then I see the bus coming and get on the bus and sit next to Savannah,Whilst Sam is left standing still in the dust of the bus. "Hey,You decided to take the bus today? I just saw Sam walking up" She says confusingly, I stare at my hands "Oh.. I didn't see him" I reply "Um.. about the you know..what I said,I didn't think I would hurt you,im sorry.." I look at savannah and just smile,I guess she doesn't know the whole story and it will probably be a long time until she does. "Its fine,honestly it wasn't about that anyway" I confirm,smiling and we just leave it at that,we dont mention boys or crushes we just talk about our school work and how mean are physics teacher is. When we arrive at school,we walk through the big white doors and through all the people at the lockers until I get to my locker,I see Luke waiting for me "Im just gonna go to my locker, I will be with you in a bit" I tell Savannah and then head toward my locker "Hey Sara" Luke says, I smile at him "Hey" I reply back "So you still up for the swim disco on friday?" I nod my head and unlock my locker,and in the corner of my eye I see Sam walking in,it looks like he has heard the whole conversation...Luke says goodbye and then goes off with his mates.

"So your back to your first crush?" Sam asks aggressively, "I guess you can say that" I reply,not looking at him and searching for my textbook,his frown drops further "Ya know Sara,I never thought..." He explained "Yeah you never thought! Your right,You had more of a brain when you were a alcoholic. Go back to that stage." I shouted,and with that I was gone,I didn't even look behind me I just went straight to my I.T class early. Later that break I met up with all my friends and we all talked about random stuff,not bringing up what had happened on whatsapp. Regina and I were in a long conversation about how Martin Garrix and Dylan O'brien were amazing,when I got a text from my mum

Mum:Come home,Right now Aiden has bumped his head and has concussion!

I physically scream "What!? Whats the matter??" Regina asks in a quick confused voice, "The baby!" All my friends gasp, "Is your brother okay!?" I have no time for answering, I grab my bag and yell back to them "Aiden!!". I run to the taxi rank and jump in the first taxi available,and tell them my address. My phone is going off,and Kylie is phoning me I pick up the phone.

Kylie: Sara where are you!?

Me:I need to go back to check on my baby!

I suddenly remember what i just said,there's a silence on the other end and then Mia speaks.

Mia: Your baby...

Me: I dont have time to explain,I need to go now!

Savannah: Wait! You have a baby!?

Me: Dont tell anyone,okay!?

I then cut the call,the taxi arrives a few minuits later and I see the ambulances outside my house and Aiden being carried into one of them. I see my mum,she has her hands over her mouth when she see's me she runs to me and hugs me tight. The ambulance goes off,and we follow in car im imagining Aiden being taken into a surgery room,maybe I should of called for abortion... My mum is clinging on to Archie and Oscar is sitting in his car seat,and he can even sense theres something wrong. Michael stops in the carpark and we all get out,I run into the medical room with Archie,Oscar,Mum and Michael behind me. "Hey hey hey..Stop right there please,no children allowed past this point" I beg her to let me through saying that I have a child in there but she wont budge. She tells me to take a seat in the waiting room,so I go over and slouch my way to the seat and sit down,im biting my nails rapidly. I cant pay attention to Archie who is crying right next to me,im just thinking about Aiden. After a few hours a doctor comes into the room,the same doctor that I had had. "Sara..Parents please come inside" I follow the doctor into his office,he has a upset guilty looking expression on his face. "So Sara,we need to talk..lets just say mother talk.." I dont understand what he means,but my mum seams to understand and she puts her head in her hands and cries. I look at the doctor,what did he mean? "Aiden has  a brain tumour..It happens a lot with twins especially the youngest..." My mum cries harder,Why is she crying tumours can be fixed!? "Now a brain tumour with a baby..it cant be fixed..." I put my hands over my eyes trying to stop all the tears,why did this need to happen,these few months alone have been stressful! "Wait..so you cant..you cant save him?" I lent back in my chair trying to take it all in, I closed my eyes my baby..is going to die.." I realise whats happening,and wake up from my dream,I cry till my throat is as dry as paper. I feel like I want  to kill myself on the spot. "Im sorry Sara..Come with me,and say goodbye" I follow the doctor through some white glassed doors,I see Aiden connected to all these wires,but he is still smiling and thats how he left,just smiling. I whispered good bye and kissed his forehead,he had gone... I stare at him,he had such a short life. 

I watch as his body is gently removed, "We will give you the ashes" The doctor says calmly, Im horrified I dont want him being cut up to remove ashes "No,leave him. I dont need ashes" The doctor looks at me confusingly and nods and gives a little smile. I hold my head up high,and wait there for a few minuits,then I go out through the doors into my mum's arms, "Are you ready? To go home?" My mum asks,I nod and then look at Archie and Oscar,it feels so different without Aiden. I pick Archie up,and look at his face it resembles Aiden so much,I guess he is my main memory. I squeeze him,thank god it wasn't both of them.