Chapter 21 - And We Danced, We Danced

Patrick Stump

I couldn't keep my eyes off of her in the studio. She stood on the other side of the glass, watching Pete and I with admiration and excitement, and I watched her with absolute infatuation and love. Pete nudged me when he caught me staring again. He had found out that we'd made up when we arrived at the studio, and he didn't even ask any questions; Simply took it for what it was. I was grateful for that, but I still needed to talk to him. We were still working on Jet Pack Blues, a new song for our upcoming album, and Lily seemed to really enjoy it.

Around lunchtime, we decided to take a break while Pete ordered us a pizza. I walked out of the recording booth and immediately pulled my girlfriend into my arms, kissing her gently. "What did you think?" I asked, pulling away slowly and looking at her hopefully.

"I love it," She stated, winding her arms around my neck. "It's a beautiful song."

"That's because of who it was written about," I stated, blushing slightly when I admitted that to her. I'd written it shortly after she'd left, and though the roles are reversed in the song, it fit well enough.

"Oh really?" She asked, thinking I was joking, but I kissed her nose and pulled her a little closer.

"Yes, really. I wrote it the weekend after the party. It's about you."

Lily's smile fell a bit, but then she hugged me tight and kissed my cheek. "I love you," she whispered in my ear.

"I love you too," I responded, pulling away just as Pete walked in from the recording booth.

"Get a room," he grumbled, walking past us to sit on the couch. I glanced at him with a grin, but ignored his comment as Lily blushed. She nervously pushed past me to join Pete on the other end of the couch, playfully punching him in the arm when she sat down. "Ow!" Pete snapped, laughing when he looked at her, "That hurt."

"Don't be a baby," Lily giggled, smiling at me as I walked over to the soundboard. They bickered playfully for a moment while I grabbed my notebook and changed a few notes for the next song we were planning on recording today, and then suddenly, Pete got a call from the front desk telling him that our pizza had arrived. He got up to go get it, and I took the chance to talk to him alone.

"I'll come with you," I told Pete, smiling shortly at Lily. "I had to ask the receptionist something anyways."

Pete caught on immediately, nodding as I walked towards the door with him. I looked back and gave Lily a wink, making her blush just before I shut the door. The moment it was closed, Pete looked at me with a smirk. "What's up?"

"I need your opinion," I told him.

"On?"

"Marrying Lily."

"Oh," Pete said, smiling even wider as we took our time walking down the hall. "Go for it. She's amazing."

"I know that, I definitely want to, I just...I don't know, do you think it's too fast after what happened?"

"Well she came home, didn't she?" Pete asked.

"Yeah."

"You guys talked it out?"

"Yes."

"She loves you?"

"I think so."