Chapter 26 - Like a Phoenix

A/N: Sorry this took so long to update! I've been busy with the holidays, but I wanted to get this up tonight, because I'm REALLY excited to start a new story! I may come back to this story one day...I don't know if I like this ending or not, but I ran out of ideas for Lily and Patrick. On the plus side though, I'll be uploading the prologue to a new Patrick Stump story immediately after this, so please check it out! It will be called, "Listen," and you can find it on my page. Please let me know if you enjoyed this story as well, I love comments! <3

Lily Matthews

Our wedding day was upon us before we even knew it. Patrick wanted to waste no time in making me his wife. The boys had released their new album, and within the week following, Patrick wanted to be able to call me his wife before they started touring. So, with five days to go before the tour begins, I was standing in front of a mirror, in the bridal room of the church I grew up in, with a white gown draped over my body. It was a beautiful ball gown style dress, making me feel like a princess as I spun around to look at myself. I stopped when a flash of color moved in the mirror, smiling at my tattoo that the dress nearly showcased on my back.

I stood there for a moment, just staring at it. That tattoo was my first and probably my only, but I loved it. I loved what it stood for, and I think Patrick did too. At least, he loved looking at it. He loved touching it, and kissing it, and me. He loved me. I turned back around, and looked up at the person standing behind me in the mirror. He smiled at me, his eyes glistening just the slightest bit. "You look beautiful," he told me. I blushed, and he teasingly walked over and threw his arm over my shoulders. "And to think, we wouldn't be here if it weren't for me."

"Thanks, Pete," I said, in an over-enthusiastic voice that made him giggle like a child. I laughed too, my cheeks heating up at the thought that yes, we were here. I was standing in a wedding dress about to marry Patrick Stump, and it was all because Pete Wentz was a stubborn, annoying, pain in the ass.

"Ten minutes, Miss Matthews," Pete sighed, "Ten minutes and you'll be my sister-in-law."

"But...Patrick's not your brother," I said, furrowing my brow in confusion.

Pete gasped dramatically and clutched at his chest as if I'd seriously offended him. "How dare you, Lily!" He cried, and I playfully shoved his arm and looked at myself in the mirror again as he laughed. He came back to my side and smiled again, gently nudging me with his hip. "Ready to go?" He asked. I took a deep breath, then nodded, and Pete took my hand. He led me out to the end of the aisle, where Andy was waiting for me. Being that my father had passed away when I was younger, I had trusted no one but Andy to walk me down the aisle to Patrick. Pete left me then, going to join Patrick by the altar, and I smiled up at Andy.

He smirked and held an arm out to me. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded and took his arm, leaning on him a bit as I heard the processional music begin. It wasn't the traditional wedding march, but the same piano version of Favorite Record that Patrick had played when he'd proposed to me. Andy leaned down and pressed a gentle, reassuring kiss to the side of my head. "You look beautiful, Lily," he whispered, making me blush just before he took the first step, and I had to follow. I looked up towards the altar finally, and as everyone rose and turned around to look at me, I had eyes only for Patrick.

He stood beside Pete, in a black tuxedo with his hair combed over. He had his fedora on, and even his glasses, and he looked absolutely stunning. I smiled when I saw him, and he smiled back. Pete whispered something to him, and he ran a hand over his face, wiping his eyes. He was crying. Realizing this, I started crying too, but I laughed through my tears as I approached him and Andy took my hand from his arm. He held my hand out to Patrick, placing it in his hand, and then kissed my cheek again and went to take his seat with Joe and his wife in the front row.