Perhaps, 'This was clearly suicide' will be our always

Thoughts on Nygmobblepot: It's a beautiful bromance in bloom.  I don't ship it gayly, but I love how much Ed looked up to Oswald in that one episode and I just couldn't function!!!

You looked in the mirror. You finished the last of straightening your normally disgustingly tangled hair. (Your hair IRL may be beautiful but just go with it) Ed did say formal, but you didn't really want to overdue it. You looked down at your long, emerald green dress. It was really the only formal wear you owned. Going out and socializing wasn't really your gig. You applied some lightly colored lipstick, smokey eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner. You were impressed with yourself, considering you weren't exactly a beauty guru either. You walked out of the bathroom and into your bedroom to put on your black heels. It was 6:30, and you decided to head to Nygma's house.

*Ed's PoV*

I frantically rushed around my apartment, setting up a table for two. Y/n was sure to be here soon, and I couldn't screw this up. I glanced down at my Brown tweed suit. It's not exactly formal. I wear suits all the time.
"Oh well. It'll have to do," I muttered to myself. Just as I sat the last plate down on the rather small table, there was a knock at the door. I glanced at my watch. Exactly 7:00 o'clock. I smiled, strolling over to the door. I opened the door. Y/n was standing, smiling up at me. She was beautiful. She wore a floor length emerald green dress. Her hair- which was usually up and tangled -was now down and perfectly straight. I was speechless.
"I...um...wow you look great Ms. Y/l/n," I stuttered.
"Do I come in? Or do we eat out here?" she joked. I laughed nervously and stepped aside to let her in. As she walked in, I shut the the door. And I then I killed her. (I'm kidding that doesn't actually happen TROLLOLOLOLOL) I stole a glance at her and led her to the table.
"Oh," she said surprised. I smiled. She aat down reluctantly. I rushed into the kitchen and brought out two plates of spaghetti with sauce.
"I hope you like spaghetti. If you don't that's fine. I have some leftover Chinese food in the fridge if you'd prefer-" she interrupted me before I could finish.
"Ed, chill out. Spaghettie is great," she said. I nodded and took my seat.

*No PoV but kind of yours*

You and Ed ate and laughed all evening. After you finished dinner, the two of you retreated to the living room watching Forensic Files. You were still learning, but Ed could pick out every little detail down to the bone.
"No no no, this was clearly suicide," he muttered. You laughed.
"Perhaps, 'This was clearly suicide' will be our always," you joked. He looked at you confused.
"Excuse me?" he asked.
"Nevermind," you shook your head.

I know that reference takes place in a completlet different time set but seriously how could I not?

This chapter's QoTD is:
Barbara Kean or Lee Thompson?