At Margaret's

When I arrived at my sister's, I noticed there was a strange car in her driveway. Not to mention, the car was in my spot. I've never seen the car before.

As I started walking up her patio steps, Kyle walked out of her home. I was taken aback for a moment, only because a couple of hours earlier, he said he wasn't allowed in my part of town. My sister and I lived in the same part of town, in San Diego, California.

When Kyle saw me he became still and rigid. "Hey Johnnie, fancy meeting you here." he said.

"I could say the same to you. Why are you at my sister's house Kyle? I thought you weren't allowed in this part of town." I ask.

"Well I didn't know Margaret was your sister, and the only reason I am here is to drop of Margaret's order."

"What order?"

"My mom owns a hair dye website called 'I really wanna dye', and I'm her delivery boy. Margaret orders from us all the time."

"Yeah, I've heard of it, Alex orders from there all the time, but I've never seen you deliver to my house before. Why is that?" I ask.

"Like I said, I'm not allowed in your part of town, meaning your neighborhood. But I have to go so I'll see you around Johnnie."

"Okay I guess. Bye Kyle." I wave to him as he starts to walk off.

I continue to walk into my sister's home and she's dying her hair already.

"Geez Mar, you just got that hair dye and you're already dying your hair? A little impatient, are we?" I tease.

"Well hello to you too Johnnie Boy. Now stop teasing and help me." She fires back.

"Okay okay, I'll help you."

"Thank you child. First I need help with a color choice, black or gray fading into black?"

"Hold up. What's with you and Alex dying your hair black all of a sudden? You both know black is my color." I question.

"What? We can't dye our hair black? You don't own the color Johnnie Boy."

"It's not the point, neither one of you have ever dyed your hair black until now, I've been dying my hair black for 7 years now Mar."

"Sorry, Johnnie Boy but you'll just have to get over it. Now help me."

"Okay, but when did you start ordering hair dye online?" I question.

"I don't know, after the salon closed I guess." She responds. 

"Oh, that's nice I guess. Has Kyle always been your hair dye delivery boy?"

"Yea he has actually, he's a nice boy. He reminds me of you to be honest." She says.

"Really, why Mar?"

"Well, you both post on YouTube regularly and you both have a weird obsession with bands."

"So do you Mar." I fire back.

"Okay Johnnie Boy, I'll give you that one but I don't fan girl over people twice my age. I just enjoy the music, unlike you. You fan girl every time they so much as post a tweet."

"Okay but in my defense the bands helped me through my self harm stage and that's why I love them so much. So you can shut the fudge up Mar."

"Okay Johnnie. What do you want for dinner? I'm gonna cook after we dye my hair."

"Surprise me."

*After dinner*

"Wow Mar. You're an amazing cook. I didn't know you could cook this well."

"Well I am taking cooking lessons, and mom is helping me. But I'm glad you like it Johnnie Boy."

"Yea I did. Well I'm gonna go to bed. Do I need to make up the bed in the guestroom or no?"

"Yea you have to change the sheets and get a blanket out of the closet. By the way your teddy bear is on the top shelf of the closet. Mom brought it over earlier."

"Ha ha thanks Mar. You're always one to make me laugh. I love you so much."

"Love you more Johnnie Boy! You already know you mean the world to me."

"Aww Mar. You're so sweet."

"Yea I know, Johnnie. Goodnight, sweet dreams."

"Goodnight Mar. But first can I ask you a question?"

"Yea anything."

"What's Kyle's number?"