Chapter 5

AN: Thanks for reading! The rainbows and butterflies aren't going to last for long XD Don't forget to comment or give me feedback. I appreciate it. :)

     "I was thinking red roses," Krul blurted out, analyzing her split ends.
     "Oh, well me and Yuu were thinking more of purple orchids?" announced Guren while Yuu was staring down at his father, knowing he was not thinking of orchids.
     "I want something green," sighed Yuu. He turned to look at Mika to see what he thought about the discussion, and he noticed Mika was leaning on his elbow, palm against his cheek, staring at Yuu with a gentle gaze. Yuu turned back around as soon as he made eye contact with Mika.
     "Well red roses have green, thorny stems, you know?" Krul snarled, rising from her seat. Yuu gave a great sigh and dazed off not caring where the wedding is or what theme it should be until a light tap on his shoulder interrupted his thoughts.
     "Hey, do you want to get out of here? I couldn't care less about if there's going to be an orchestra at the party and all," Mika whispered.
     "Uh, sure," Yuu agreed. They slowly rose up from their seats and charged up the stairs without Guren, Ferid, and Krul noticing for they were still on the flower topic.
     Mika followed Yuu into the kitchen since he thought bringing a guy up to his room would be too early. Yuu offered Mika something to drink, but Mika declined. "Oh! Do you want some curry?" Yuu questioned with excitement for he loved curry. A sincere smile lit up on Mika's face.
     "I would love to eat curry again, but I can't," Mika answered staring down at the floor while he looked up to find Yuu putting spoons of curry in his mouth. "What?! You're just going to eat my favorite food in front of me?!" Mika screamed in envy.
     "Well you said you didn't want any," Yuu replied muffled for he still had the spoon full of curry in his mouth. Mika let out a soft laugh before Yuu questioned Mika. "So how empty is it over there?" Yuu asked Mika, pulling the spoon of curry out of his mouth.
     "It's pretty empty. Humans are scared to go near us, but I don't blame them," Mika sighed closing his eyes leaning in on his elbows.
     "Well you don't seem that scary."
     "Heh, well that's a first," Mika replied, propping his head back up. Yuu got up from the table and placed his bowl on the top of a tall stack of unfinished, dirty dishes from the sink. The maids were out running errands, which explains why the kitchen looks so abandoned. He took a seat next to Mika and eyed him, analyzing his wide, blue eyes. "What?" Mika asked baffled.
     "I'm trying to imagine you with red eyes," Yuu replied thinking harder than a kid trying to solve an algebra equation.
     "Oh, so you remember our conversation from before," Mika pouted. "Well don't stress yourself out," Mika joked.
     "It was kind of hard to forget considering you were crying," Yuu teased with a grin, elbowing Mika on the side.
     "Yuu-chan," Mika said furiously. "That was a once in a lifetime thing," Mika continued, crossing his arms while Yuu started laughing. Mika looked up at Yuu and soften his gaze and put his full attention on Yuu's laughter. He has never seen Yuu smile so bright. After Yuu quit his laughter, he looked over at Mika and didn't bother looking away from him like he usually did. He noticed Mika trying to close the gap between them. At first, they were only a foot apart then half, then inches until Yuu pounced back, the rattle of the door knob startling him. The door opened and came in Ferid with a smirk. Mika slumped down in his seat and let out a huge sigh so Ferid would realize how much of a crasher he is.
     "Oh, so here you are. Excuse me, Yuu-Chan, but I need to speak with my son in private," announced Ferid as Mika clenched his fists. Great, now I got the dad calling me Yuu-Chan, Yuichiro thought to himself while getting up from his seat and accelerating out of the kitchen. Ferid sensed Yuu's heart beating, how fast his pulse was, and how good his blood must taste. When Yuu finally cleared the hallway, Ferid walked over to Mika and guffawed in his face. "You actually thought you could get away with a kiss?" Ferid taunted. Mika got up from his chair and walked towards the door, but before he could pass his father, Ferid stopped his movement with a few words, "I bet your precious angel would make a fine feast." Mika froze in time. His eyes dilated in fear, but most importantly, that set him off. Mika mad a run for Ferid as he grabbed his neck and couldn't help but clench his teeth.
     "Leave him out of this," Mika demanded tightening the grip on Ferid's neck.
     "Oh, you poor thing," Ferid whimpered as he grabbed Mika's arm and twisted it until he heard a satisfying snap. He grasped the collar of Mika's shirt and threw him against the sink, sending the stacks of dishes down, breaking on his head before crashing down to the floor making the kitchen echo with loud shattering glass. Mika groaned in pain while Ferid glided towards Mika, squeezing his neck, sending his feet off the ground. Ferid opened his mouth to say something until the kitchen door opened.
     "What's going on in here?" Guren asked while Krul and Yuu were looking behind Guren's shoulders. Yuu witnessed Ferid holding onto Mika's neck while Mika was closing his eyes, holding onto Ferid's grasp. Yuu's eyes widened as he tried to go to Mika, but was stopped by his fathers grasp on his shoulder.
     "Oh, just father-son bonding," replied Ferid sarcastically while letting go of Mika as he dropped to the cold floor coughing, clutching his chest. Yuu brushed off Guren's hand off his shoulder and speed walked up to Mika. He kneeled down in front of Mika and turned around to see Krul's emotionless face eyeing them as if she was used to this kind of behavior. Yuu placed a hand on Mika's shoulder trying to comfort him.
     "Are you okay?" Yuu asked.
     "Yeah. Ahem. I'm fine," Mika answered while watching Guren, Krul and Ferid walk away. "Come on, we should probably go and see what they planned for the wedding." Mika continued as he got up from the floor and turned towards Yuu.
     "Wait, what happened? Your father and mother can't just treat you like that," Yuu emphasized.
     "Why should anyone care about me? I'm just a filthy vampire," Mika smiled. "Oh, and I'm sorry about earlier. I just met you yesterday, and our feelings for each other are probably different," he finished while turning around and exiting through the kitchen door leaving Yuu hanging.
     "But!" How can anybody not care about you?