Chapter 14

5 hours before the wedding

"What the hell!?" Yuu cried in rage as he was once again, attempting to tie his blue tie. "Why can't I ever fucking learn?" He exasperated, massaging his temples.
"You forced your son to marry when he can't even tie his own tie?" Mitsuba questioned at Guren not sounding a bit astonished.
"I didn't force him," Guren scolded at the young lady, aggressively snatching the tie from Yuu's grasp.
"He's right, Mitsu! It's the price of being royalty. You wouldn't know," Shinoa winked at Mitsuba as she clenched her teeth. Guren tied Yuu's tie with ease then flicked him on the tip of his nose.
"When will you learn?" Guren sighed. "I'm starving. I'll see you later," Guren waved.
"Can't you wait for the party?!" Yuu hollered, but was rejected with neglect. Yuu leaned against the wall behind him, and slid down before his ass hit the floor. The boy
pulled his knees towards his chest, and dug his head down.
"What's up with you?" Mitsuba asked, standing in front of the miserable boy. Shinoa approached both of them while her and Mitsuba exchanged weird glances with each other.
"Yuu..San?" Shinoa hesitated. Yuu pat on the floor next to him, so both girls would take a seat right by his side.
"These dresses are 100% pure cotton, Yuu-San," Shinoa clarified harshly. The dress was a ravishing shade of blue, and it corresponded with her eyes greatly.
"These dresses cost 10,000 gold coins. No way in hell!" Mitsuba argued while adjusting the sleeves of her dress then stroked her royal blue dress with a bow around it's waist. Mitsuba was Yuichiro's only bridesmaid, but he begged for Mitsu to be the maid of honor considering her speech wouldn't embarrass Yuu in front of many people. Shinoa was, of course, the maid of honor after many attempts to convince Yuu and Guren, they accepted, acknowledging that they were going to regret this later on.
"Damn you, guys!" Yuu lifted his head up for a split second to curse at the conceited women. Mitsuba dragged two wooden chairs before Yuu, so they could sit down, without having apprehension that their dresses would get filthy from the floor that hasn't been cared for in ages, and converse with Yuu.
"What's bugging you? Is it wedding jitters?" Mitsuba, strangely worried for Yuu, questioned. Both girls curiously leaned forwards on their chair, resting their elbows on their knees.
"I-I," the troubled boy sighed before continuing, "Well, M-Mika," Yuu let another great sigh escape his mouth.
"Just tell us already!" The girls yelled simultaneously following by Yuu groaning.
"Mika told me he loved me," Yuu confessed, gazing up at the two girls with their eyes widened in excitement.
"That's great Yuu-San!" Shinoa screamed from the top of her lungs. She grabbed Yuu by the shoulders and shook him violently. "Bye-bye, cherry boy! Welcome–" Shinoa's sentence was cut off by Yuu's horrific scowling.
"I didn't say it back, Shinoa."
The girls furrowed their eyebrows, and slumped back in their chairs.
"You idiot!" Mitsuba exclaimed. She threw her hand at Yuu's head causing him to flinch. "Why would you do something so ridiculous? Do you not love him?"

Do you not love him?

Of course not, you idiot.

Trying to block out the confession out of his head was exhausting. It always found a way to barge back into his thoughts again. Mika's confession was abrupt. The vigorousness in his eyes when the words rolled off his tongue was the effect for Yuu's reaction being so vulgar.
The smile that lit up on his face was so wide, yet it was masked with lies, full of rancorous tales behind it, dreadful nightmares. And that's an image he craved to eliminate from his mind for eternity. That grin wasn't the grin that Mika have given him when he first asked him out on the dance floor at the very first ball they attended, or when they sneaked away from the rehearsal dinner.

Or when Mika first initiated a kiss on Yuu's plumped lips.

Could anyone blame the kid? No one has ever directed those three piercing words to him before, not even once. Yuu was raised to not pity anyone, to not interact with anyone who could kiss up to his ass, and most importantly, to not feel empathy nor sympathy for someone. Those were the three rules his family lived by that Yuu despised so damn much. Love was never in the air, as much as he pondered for it. Emotions such as misery and anger replaced the lack of love in his life, so that way, he never felt empty.
Mika's the mysterious missing hole Yuu always felt in his life, and there wasn't a doubt in his mind that disagreed with that statement. Though their first meeting was fairly awkward considering Yuu's attempt to loathe the vampires quickly vanished when he first set his eyes on Mikaela, and his father threatening him to make a fool of himself in front of Yuu for his own personal, humorous entertainment.
But Mika showed Yuu that adoring someone just doesn't appear in fairy tales or bedtime stories, that someone is capable of loving him, that love was an emotion that was hidden deep inside of him.

Is love being someone's strength and weakness?

Is love being comfortably confident in front of someone else?

Is love desiring?

Is love selfless?

Is love the reason one can't sleep at night?

Is love filled up with fervor when someone speaks?

Is love sorrowful?

Is love angelic?

"I'm in love with Mikaela Hyakuya," Yuichiro Ichinose surprisingly breathed out as he was still lost in his train of thought, dazing off to the window, draped with a curtain as rays of sunlight peered through. Shinoa grinned to herself before she flicked Yuu right in the eye. He hissed in pain while he pressed his hand to his aching eye.
"What the hell was that?!" Yuu bawled while he clenched his left over hand.
"You wouldn't snap out of it, Yuu-San. I had to do something."
"A simple call would've been good!"
"Nah, I think it's better this way," Shinoa smirked.
"Well..Are you going to tell him or not?" Mitsuba questioned viciously.
"Yeah, I'm going to ask Kimizuki to bring him over here, so... Get out of this room!" Yuu demanded as he forced the girls out the room by pushing them towards the exit.
"Now!?" Mitsuba asked loudly.
"Of course!"
"You know, Yuu-San, it's bad luck to–"
"Don't care, Shinoa," Yuu interrupted the girl before slamming the door in their faces. He picked up the nearest phone, and demanded Kimizuki to search for Mika, and bring him to where he was. He trudged towards his rocking chair, and peacefully rocked back and forth on the chair. Closing his eyes, dozing off, he heard a high-pitched creaking noise coming from behind the curtains.
"What the hell?!" Yuu quickly rose up, and examined the window. An arm poked out of the curtains, and grasped the wall from the inside. Once the stranger forged in with a familiar black cape wrapped around his body, he took a glance up at Yuu with those ocean blue eyes, that were hard to make out since they were halfway covered with his brown bangs.

AN: Ayyyyy. It's about 12:00 am, and I'm exhausted. I wanted to update for you guys before I slept though T_T I hope you guys like this chapter! I'm actually pretty proud! ^-^ Don't forget to vote and comment! I appreciate it :)