Journey for the Gem- Chapter 10

*#1 JASPER'S THOUGHTS

All Jasper could think of was the beautiful woman who had just said that she served the most evil demon to ever walk the earth. That was pretty straightforward, because he usually thought about chicks in bikinis and all that junk.

Anyway, not to get too personal, for Jasper's mind was a twisted labyrinth that you could not wriggle out of. You'd be stuck in inappropriate pictures and hot girls with no more clothing on than a shipwrecked pirate. Still, you readers get the point. Now we go back to his thoughts.

Jasper gawked unflatteringly at Keres. She smirked at him for a moment before hooking her arm around his.

"Are you in college yet?" she asked, smiling an evil but still a million-dollar-smile that melted his insides into sloppy Jell-O. Jasper managed to mumble something like, "May-no." before jerking away his arm.

"Why are y-y-you w-working f-for... S-s-set?" stuttered Opal, her lips quivering like they were alive and had a mind of their own.

"I am because he is a wonderful and great leader. He is amazing and the best commander I have seen, for I should know. I have lived forever, since I am immortal, which you all would wish deeply for. I heard you tell the story, Nut, you know," Keres said.

Jasper raised his eyebrows at her, feeling a rush of anger. But before he could let it out on her, he felt like he was floating through the air and landing on the surface of a cloud. His torso was being pulled backwards by an invisible rope and hauled back into Songbird's choir room.

Jade was right, he thought. Mrs. Euphoria was an even worse singer when you were confused or angry at her. Her voice seemed to carry and drill into your mind, making you mad and disoriented. It was almost surreal, like one video he had watched one time with his friend. (By friend, he meant a parole partner who had liked his plasma.)

It was about some guy who had a mean teacher which he figured out was a monster trying to get him. Then he was forced to go into the army, and there was a lot of bloodshed and so forth. In the end he married the teacher's daughter, which turned out to be a vampire like her momma had been. Then the story begins again with the encore sequel and so on and on and on.

Jasper was jerked (literally) from his thoughts as Ruby punched him in the gut and jerked his arm down hard.

"What do you want, Ruby?" he whispered, trying to lip-sing some weird random song with an unstable beat.

Ruby tugged harder until Jasper finally looked at her. What he saw shocked him. There was a worn looking, torn up scrap sheet of paper that Opal was holding up in one hand.

"Crud, this must be epically old," muttered Jade, looking unfocused. Suddenly Jasper saw some markings on the paper, and he snatched it away. Then everything became silent, too still. Jasper turned slowly to find Songbird towered up to her full height on the bench.

"TransPortal: It is the in-between place I seek, I will grant thou a coin, in my words there is no leak," murmured Opal. Guess what then? Oh, yeah, nothing happened. Then Jade did something even more bizarre.

"I want to go back, us girls and a lad, to banish us RIGHNS to the in-between place, mad," she said.

"Mad?" inquired Jasper as a light beam captured them and he had the same queer floating sensation as last time. As they landed onto the TransPortal world, Jasper realized that they were all there but... oh, no. They were all there, but they also had brought along Songbird. She must be a RIGHN.

^_^ RUBY'S THOUGHTS

"Why the heck did you say mad?" inquired Ruby to Jade angrily.

"I had nothing else that rhymed with had!" Jade retorted.

"Sad, fad, bad, rad, tad, pad-" "I GET IT!" Ruby started and Jade finished.

"You should've done mumphturmn..." Ruby said crossly, but instead of saying what she wanted, she had ended up saying "mumphturmn" due to Jasper's hand clapping over her mouth and Opal doing that dreaded "ger" spell.

"SILENCIO POR FAVOR!" he hissed in Ruby's ear, getting spit globs stuck in her hair. Opal silently removed the spell, and Ruby bit Jasper on the inside of his hand.

"Who's here in this place, huh? Who would hear us, huh?" Jade tugged on her hand and slowly spun her around so that Ruby could see that they had brought Songbird and her piano bench with them. Thankfully, the class had stayed behind, probably wondering bewildered where the teacher was.

Songbird's eyes flashed, and she seized Jade around the neck.

"Tell me where the map is or this one will be no more in this world," she rasped, pulling a knife threateningly out of her many coats and holding it to Jade's neck and pulling her off of the ground. Jade's crutches fell to the ground and disappeared as she clawed frantically at Songbird's hand, which was still around her throat.

No one moved until Ruby asked hesitantly, "Um, what map? We don't have any map."

Songbird scowled and let go of Jade to that she landed like a rag doll. She stored the knife into her robe and vanished in a blast of smoke and lightning.

Jasper rushed over to Jade like a tiger was chasing him and picked her up like she was a fragile piece of china.

"Are you all right, Jade?" he asked, his face inches from hers. "I'm fine, please put me down, Jasper," Jade laughed, pushed him away.

"Ya'll played that well. You were like 'um, sorry, we don't have a map!' That was good, Ruby!" Opal snorted. Everyone turned from Jasper to Opal, confused and worried that Opal had gone mad.

"Um, Opal, but we don't have a map," Jade said gently, taking hold of Opal's arm. Opal pushed away and said indignantly, "Yeah, we do! Have you guys always been this stupid? Come on, here it is!"

Ignoring that Opal had called her stupid; Ruby yanked the worn sheet of paper that she had found in Songbird's room out of Opal's hand. It had a couple of hieroglyphics on it, which looked like this:

"Here you will find the gem, inside the cave is where you will find Kim," translated Opal in a monotone voice.

"Who's Kim? Ooh! Let me guess. She's a Russian who likes dorky, awkward guys, is ugly, and would be perfect for Jasper!" Ruby mocked.

Jasper frowned as a petite French girl came up to them.

"Where are you from, new Americans? You are indeed in the TransPortal world, which I created. My name is Kim, and I will be your tour guide and... um, gal-pal, for that is what Onyx has said," she said politely, with a flicker of a smile tracing her perfect angel's face. She was a blonde, with big brown eyes and tan skin. Kim wore designer jeans, an athletic shirt, a leather jacket, and some python-skin shoes. Ruby snapped to attention. This was the Kim who was supposed to lead them to this gem that Ruby cared for very much already, though she hadn't even heard of what it would do.

{A/N: hey! I uploaded again because I had SEVEN VOTES!! Thanks so much for voting! I dedicate this chappy to sunshineluver. She has an amazing book! Check it out! She's also super sweet. Thanks for reading, everyone! PS should I continue this story? I think I'm going to. Love, ridingrl. :) }