Behind The Scenes - Jared

I was sitting at the foot of my trailer, revising my lines and the scenes. I noticed that there was one scene where my character was poisoned and only 'true love's kiss' could heal me... The only problem is; I haven't kissed anyone on-screen yet.

I got up and started looking for Jared to ask whether he has seen that part of the script. I continued walking and saw him running towards me.
"Melissa!" "Hey Jared." "Have you read the script for the next scene?" So he has gotten to that part. "Yeah. I was just about to ask you myself." He nodded.

We stood in awkward silence for a minute or so, then he suggested if we wanted to run through the lines and of course, I accepted.

Ever since the previous season, I've started harboring feelings for Jared but I thought he had feelings for Olivia, who was playing Violet.

We discussed about how we should do the scene and the lines then we started practical run-throughs. Then we got to the kiss.

"Um.. do you want to skip this or..?" Jared politely asked. I could tell but the slight red shade on his cheeks that he was also nervous about this. Good to know that I'm not the only one.
"Let's just get it over with. Maybe with practice, we might be more comfortable when the cameras are rolling." I smiled reassuringly at him.

We leaned in and next thing I knew; I was feeling butterflies in my stomach. Despite this being our first try, I think we were doing pretty well.

We pulled away and I could hear him trying to catch his breath. "Wow... I have no idea how the others could do this every scene. It makes you lightheaded." He joked and we laughed. It definitely lifted the tension.

"You know what... We should practice again" Without even waiting for me to reply, he connected our lips again. And pulled away briefly and said, "you know, for more control of our breaths." He slyly said before reconnecting our lips. Damn this boy could do wonders.

It was a never ending cycle for at least half an hour. He jokes, we laugh and then we kiss again.

---

"Alright you two. This might be a hard scene for you. This is where your kiss happens." Adam said to us with a small grin on his face. It was evident that he was trying to stop it from growing wider.
"Oh my goodness. It's like yesterday, you two were just 12 year olds! And now you have a kiss scene." Lana gushed. She clutched onto Jared, making his cheek squish.
"Aww, I know right, Lana. How did they grow so fast?!" Ginny came over and grabbed onto me as well. It was like a cuddle fest.

We all broke apart and got ready to shoot.

We went through the whole scene, a few cuts now and then, when we finally got to our scene.

"-Mom please! She can't die. She wasn't supposed to!" Jared-or rather Henry- cried out and pleaded to Regina and Emma for them to heal my character.
"It's too late, Henry. Sh-she's... gone." Mary Margaret choked out, feeling for Henry.
"No. I'm the Author. I won't let this play out. There must be something I can do!" He exclaimed in frustration. Then he came to an idea. "True love's kiss." He whispered to himself before leaning in and connecting our lips.

"It didn't work?" Henry asked himself. Then I woke up coughing. "Careful. The cake's poisoned." Then Henry engulfed me in a hug and whispered, "I thought I lost you." I giggled and said, "It takes more than poison to get rid of me, hun."

"I love you." He said, looking into my eyes before kissing me again.
"I love you too, Henry." I said after pulling away and connecting our foreheads.

"AND CUT! That was brilliant, you two!" The director said.

We all got off the set and went onto the sides.
"I think that went pretty well." Jared commented. I nodded. "You're a pretty good kisser." I told him and his face lit up. "S-so are you." He slightly stuttered. My face felt hot after that.

We all walked back to our trailers to change clothes when Jared stopped me.
"Hey uh Mel.. Would you like to go to the season premiere with me? Like uh.. as my um.. date, probably?" My eyes were probably similar to saucers right then and there. "Uh.. wow.. of course! I-um- I would be honored." HONORED?! REALLY?! THAT WAS SO LAME, OH MY GOD.

Nonetheless, he smiled so wide, I could hear his jaw break. "Great! I'll arrange everything once the premiere date is set." He said before heading off. I continued walking to my trailer and one thought ran through my head; I guess he didn't really like Olivia after all.