Chapter VII: Familiarity

I stare at the most beautiful girl in-front of me as I furrow my brows. I know she noticed it and she just kept her charming smile on her face.

    "Come, you must be tired." She says as she gestures her hand to where she was sitting. "You too, Thalia. You should rest." She says with a slight smile on her face and Thalia nodded and left, but I can see on her face that she seems to be uncomfortable.

    As the girl walks back to where she was sitting, her silk white robe softly glides against the green grass. I slowly follow behind her and one of the two large deer lifts its head up as the girl sits in the middle of the two deer.  I stare at the deer as it feels like I've seen it somewhere, but maybe it's just because I sometimes see things as the same?

    The girl smiles up at me as she pats the space beside her. I held my hand on my chest as I feel a slight of uneasiness in me. Although it's not that type of "bad uneasiness" but rather it's like... butterflies?

    "Come, don't be shy." Her voice breaks my trail of thoughts as I heard her voice, and I realize that I have been staring at her. I can feel my face warming up as I feel a bit embarrassed. I sit down beside her while looking down. With my legs folded on the soft peach colored blanket, I place my hands on-top of my knees. I wish I wasn't feeling this uncomfortable, I wish Alex was here... or Elizabeth at least. I wonder where she is? I didn't see her in the camp.

    "Are you alright?" She asks and I can feel my cheeks burning up again, as I look back at her. "Y-yes... I'm alright." I clench my hands on-top of my jeans as I force my lips to curve up into a smile, trying to look as calm as possible.

    I look back down at my hands again. She wasn't speaking but I can feel that her eyes are staring at me. After a few moments I can hear her laughing quietly. Why is she laughing? I slowly move my head up to look at her, and saw that she is giggling. "Is something wrong?" I ask her and she slowly stops. "My apologies, it's just that you were also like this when we first met."

    I stare at her curiously as my brain tries to process what she said. Was I able to meet her before? Maybe she is one of Alex and Elizabeth's friend back in the party. But I can't seem to remember acting like this back at the party.

    Although I can't seem to remember anything, the feeling that she is giving me, the warmth and sense of security, really feels familiar.

"Is something the matter?" She asks as she slightly tilts her head to the side, her captivating eyes staring into mine.

"Nothing, it's just that... You keep on speaking like you know me, and I can't remember you." I try to keep eye contact but I keep on looking down at my hands. I never knew keeping eye contact with someone can be this hard.

"Ah, yes. Elizabeth blocked your memory and the block has not been lifted yet."

"You know Elizabeth?"

"Yes. In fact, I have been friends with her and her family since long ago." She says with a smile on her face. "Would you want the block to be lifted?" She asks.

    I kept silent for a while, thinking if I should say yes or no. The block has become bothersome but should I let her lift it? Maybe I should let her. "Yes." I answer her question as I nod.

"Just brace yourself, this will hurt a little... Close your eyes." She slowly reaches her hands towards my face as I close my eyes.

    I can feel my heart beating faster and faster as her hands draw closer. I gulp down my throat as I brace myself. How much is this going to hurt? She is a stranger but why does she feels familiar?

    I thought I am going to feel a lot of pain, but instead I heard horses running and I open my eyes to look at where it is coming from. The girl's hand draws away from my face as she looks at where it is coming from.